When to use your M203?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to use your M203?

So Wikipedia outlines some uses of the now quite elderly M203 as "destroying bunkers, blowing up doors, and disabling non-armoured vehicles" Given that there's no sign of explody Moscart rounds coming any time soon, awesome though they would be, these applications are pretty much ruled out for the time being :p So what exactly do you use your M203 for? I don't have one. I think they look cool, but have no gun that I could bolt one to. I don't even see many of them in action at the sites I regularly play at so I really don't know how players make use of this quite sexy bit of kit.

Unless you're mental like Keeper (2!! revolver launchers) it looks like most players don't run about with all that many shells on them, often just the one in the device itself. So I'm guessing you'd mostly have to judge firing NOW versus waiting for a more important opportunity later in the game. What swings it for you? The sorts of things I can see are when you really really need someone killed but there's no time to aim properly, or in CQB.

I would be really interested to hear viewpoints from anyone who uses a grenade launcher
    My Feedback

Originally posted by Tiercel
    I mean, how dare I have fun? Im ruining thier immersion

Re: When to use your M203?

Originally posted by Artekus View Post
    The sorts of things I can see are when you really really need someone killed but there\'s no time to aim properly, or in CQB.
    I don\'t have an M203 either but i\'d say these times aswell mate.
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Moscart rounds are just a bit of fun really. Great for defending choke points, stairwells and the like.

To be honest, it's mostly a psychological thing, you let one off, people know about it, so they are much more hesitant to storm you...

Comment

At site i go to, Moscart count as one shot so are allowed in the CQB areas and pretty much get a hit no matter how much of a person is showing.

Comment

I always thought the prospect of firing over an obstacle in a parabolic, mortor like fashion is an interesting and fun idea. However, most players percieve this as being blind firing, which I can understand, and therefore for the sake of peace I tend not to do it. But I still think its a good idea.

One other main reason I tend not to use mine anymore is the decreased manoeuvrability and increased weight, I find I can't react and turn as quickly as when without one. Mind you that was an EGLM, not and M203, but they have the same function.

But your point on sexiness is definatley a valid one.

Comment

You should use it when the person your interrogating just won't talk.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
            A brain?
            Originally posted by snuff
            Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

In airsoft terms, its essentially a giant shotgun. Use it as such :p for close range ass kicking, burst into a room, two or three guys stood near each other, pepper 'em with bb's!

Comment

Lash hire kit noobs who arn't taking there hits with it. That'll teach 'em a lesson + will give them the biggest scare of there life :p

Comment

It's one of those things, Imagine a scenario where there is three people in two buildings facing each other all shooting at each other through the windows. Now think about it, If one of those people have a M203 and decide to shoot it, That must be very intimidating and would almost make you look more 'powerful'. You don't even need to use it, If someone even see's it they know at any second you could shoot a grenade.
                  Originally posted by murta369
                  in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

I agree with BEN, it is mostly just a psychological thing. It seems to do the trick on unsuspecting players, however those that are quite experienced seem not to care very much as they know what to expect. Also I'm not sure what others think but I find with my ICS M203s the bbs do not have a very large range, infact the range when they're fully loaded with 72 rounds can't be anymore than 10 meters which is quite poor. And if you go to fire one of those at someone you probably won't reach them. However if you load one to say half capacity (around 36 bbs) the grenade suddenly becomes far more practical, you're losing a large proportion of bbs so your "scatter radius" isn't that great but the range is considerably increased meaning that if you do hit someone the power is also quite a bit more (again range dependent). When loaded like this they can be quite useful in the scenarios mentioned above, but still have disadvantages. The launchers add quite a lot of weight to the front of your gun and I think you'd have to be rather a large person in both size and height (which I'm not) to be able to support one in an aiming position for a very long period of time. Only currently have one grenade as well, but I was thinking about getting a couple of others so that you don't have to make the decision of "now or later". Overall they are a nice touch to any players kit and if used correctly can be an asset in many different situations but they are not without their disadvantages and can be very cumbersome at times.

Comment

I have used mine to good effect when re-loading mags and someone charges you a cloud of BB's normally disuades most of them and anyone caught learns a valueable lesson.

curlyboy
                      'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

CQB/Room clearing. it does the job nicely :D
                        Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
                        Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
                        sigpic

Comment

When there's more than just a couple of seagulls in the garden!
                          sigpic

Comment

I love my m203 and use it all the time.

i carry 8 moscarts on my loadout and can quite easily use them all.

I play at sites where its handy for firing through windows (particularly first floor windows).
                            To make moscarts come into your own you need to play with folk who will treat it for what it is. A good way to do this is to be able to use it for indirect fire and use the basis that when a moscart goes off richocets count. Play with a group of guys who use this basis and grenadiers really come into there own.

Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 2 August, 2010, 10:00.
                            theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Comment

well i got a six shooter (CAW) And i gotta say the frar factor is very cool, plus when ur moveing down a ticht corridor it is very usefull as the mass of bb's tend to move down it when fired creating an un-escapeable wall of fire lol
                              especially good at the Mall (as some ppl will remember, platoon stores im looking at u lot haha)
                              other similer sites also lol.
                              i have an m203 also.
                              i love my caw so mutch im actualy toying with the idea of getting another XD

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Artekus I got born. I did shit Find out more about Artekus
                              Working...
                              X