When to use your M203?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When to use your M203?

If you do post a video of you duel wielding them!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by swarm_airsoft View Post
      well i got a six shooter (CAW) And i gotta say the frar factor is very cool, plus when ur moveing down a ticht corridor it is very usefull as the mass of bb's tend to move down it when fired creating an un-escapeable wall of fire lol
      especially good at the Mall (as some ppl will remember, platoon stores im looking at u lot haha)
      other similer sites also lol.
      i have an m203 also.
      i love my caw so mutch im actualy toying with the idea of getting another XD
      Waaaaay ahead of ya

Some advice if you actually consider it:

They're heavy.

They're heavy.

They're HEAVY.

Get some slings.

Comment

Mine is purely for looks. I have two madbull nades to use if I choose, but usually I cant be arsed with loading them.

I'm willing to put up with the weight, because it makes my M4 look so god damn awesome. And as said, even without a grenade it can scare newbies Not as much as my RPG does though... lol

I'm sure it would be useful for room clearing, but I cant quite bring myself to do it, as I'll just be reminded that it's a shotgun! haha. I wish there was some way of making them usable like a real M203. (some sort of explosive rule applied to them) but that would be next to impossible to implement.
        Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

As some of you have already said yourselves, the primary purpose of my M203 is to make my M4 look sexier and more frightening - and I think it does the job nicely.

I have a CA full metal M203 shorty that adds an extra couple of kilos, but an extra pair of testicles also, to my kit. I have 6 160 round grenades which look brilliant, but yes, are a pain in the arse to fill. It's a time consuming and fiddly job for one moment of pure deadly happiness.

In CQB, an M203 used properly can be good fun. When I don't want to aim or there are a few too many tangos, I have used mine both on my M4 and as a standalone weapon with a grip to make the opposition cry. The trick is not to put too much gas in the grenade, as fully gassed can be a little too hard at close range. I've used it at almost point blank and the guy wasn't pleased.

I have used it outdoors, however the limited range of the scatter doesn't offer much in a woodland environment. The wind can also quite easily blow your cloud of death away.

Anyway, here's some pics. The M4 looks brilliant with it I think, and the standalone puppy really does make people crap themselves. The mask and bandolier was my old kit, back when image meant more than practicality - but it was a fun few weeks, and you gotta admit it looks badass.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

I generally use mine in ambushes when I know I'll get a few kills. Nothing says "surprise buttseks" quite like 120 rounds of plastic death.
            Another handy used I've found is in urban/CQB when you're entering a corridor with multiple doorways leading onto it. Throw in a bang to get peoples heads back into their doorways then fire off a grenade shell to remind them to keep them there.

Another good tip is to have more than one shell. If you only have one the "wait and see" mentality kicks in and then before you know it it's the end of the day and you've not used your shell.

Comment

Just ordered myself a G&P Standalone launcher, and a co2 shell.
              Will be ordering more shells when I can afford em.

I have previously owned two m79's and three revolver launchers ( one of them being keeper's up there ).

They are amazing for clearing corridors of stacked up folks, just make sure you get out there first with em to blast em up close an personal. If you aint willing to get as close as possible, they are pointless. Rounds can literally go around your target at range.

Comment

well be careful, but yeah, you can't be too far away. better to be safe than get the kills. i remember i stayed nice and far back once and this guy laughed at me and said he couldn't even feel the bbs, so i got much closer the next time and had a good laugh at him instead.

and yeah, i agree that you need more than one - or else it will never get used.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

I borrowed a friends for a day and found the ideal situation for it never arose. eventually I just decided 'my next shot is going to be the m203' and spent 10 minutes not firing because the time 'wasnt quite right'. eventually, i got close to a bunker and fired it when everyone charged it, but in the excitement I actually fired it at two members of my own team coming back out the bunker.

with no second shell, my m203 adventure was over

Comment

will try n get some vids if i do =)

@ keeper of secrets,
                    yer man tell me about it lol i once went out into a game with my ca m249para on my front and the caw slung under my arm.... Haha that lasted about 5 mins lol. Now i tend to use it with my lil mp5 or pistol =)

Comment

The 40mm grenade in airsoft has been made into somewhat of a shotgun.

It is very effective at:

1) Corridors
                      2) Door ways
                      3) Windows
                      4) one on one lulz kills
                      5) firing Neft rockets for "anti armour"
                      6) Number 1 - 4 defence.

Lots more, but those are the things I end up using mines for.

Moscarts are the kings of CQB. Firing off one can stop an entry team in there tracks instantly.

Out of all the moscarts you should be looking at the madbull co2 range. They can take any form punishment including 700+psi of co2. Which makes them pretty good in outdoor settings as well as indoor.
                      I have heard good things about the S-Thunder range, however I have not tried any of them.

If it was me, I would buy the PB4 style shells. They have one large hole which you can fill with anything. It is such a life saver being able to pour BB's into them rather than piss around with a speed loader. Especially when you are using 6+ Not only that, they hold more gas, so you get more oomph which should mean more kills. Or at least, more likely. People know when they get a 400psi hit of 100 bb's. It's hard not to.

To get the most use out of them you are best with the 6-shooter revolver launchers, since you have what is basically a 6 shot shotgun. Although this means its usually you that goes in first through the doorway after the frag since "you've got the greande launcher, you go"
                      SAVE OUR SPORT
                      http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Originally posted by apmaman View Post
                        I have heard good things about the S-Thunder range, however I have not tried any of them.
                        I've got 2, they are really good. Freaking loud on Guarder Power up Gas and like you say, easy and fast to fill. I know the caps need putting in, but I'm pretty sure a square of masking tape would do the job.

As for putting anything in them, in game terms, I wouldn't use anything but BBs, as that's what other players expect to be fired at them, but you could put floor sweeping BBs in there, provided you sieve through them and watch out for rocks/glass pieces and the like.

I did put a sachet of BBQ sauce in one the other day, messing around in the garden... Was great fun!

Comment

You should stick a giant ball of blu-tac in your launchers barrel. About a small fist sized. Fill you moscart with just gas and fire that out.

Best, thing, ever.

Nothing can really discribe a blue ball going around 80mph flying through the air to smack off the shed with a sicking thud.

Edit:

Clot! Got your mozzie you sold me working perfect. Need to go to freeport to dish out some more '203 pain but I hear its been shut?
                          SAVE OUR SPORT
                          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

[QUOTE=Artekus;437590]

have to judge firing NOW versus waiting for a more important opportunity later in the game. What swings it for you? The sorts of things I can see are when you really really need someone killed but there's no time to aim properly, or in CQB.

[QUOTE]

I have an m203 and its awsome. When i first owned one years ago i only had one shell and thought it was naff because as you described you have to think when to use it.

The one i have now i have 5 shells (i did have 10 but didnt use them all, all the time so sold some) and if you have a M203 you at least need 3 good shells, because if you have naff shells it wont be worth using.

The best shells i have found overall at the ICS ones.

thats my 2p worth
                            Trader Feed back: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33754

08 Systema PTW
                            KSC USP compact
                            G&P M4

Comment

i did have a 6 shell revolver, nothing better than Bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang and a wall of bbs heading toward enemy. But its the 15mins spend reloading, just bought a m203 with 2 shells for my AUG, so maybe a bit more tactical with that

Comment

In close discussion with a fellow team mate I too will be ordering an M203 and a CO2 grenade.

Anyone ever seen a Fighting Cat with a 203..?????
                                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Artekus I got born. I did shit Find out more about Artekus
                                Working...
                                X