Snipers, love us or hate us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

It's not just the range, but the accuracy that goes with it, if you put the effort into your rifle it will be significantly more accurate at extreme ranges than any full auto AEG :D
    But I agree to an extent, some AEG's can get ranges that are on par with snipers but it doesn't do them much good if they're not as accurate

Comment

I have attended several large games as an SL. A sniper in my squad was very useful, especially at Copehill Down, despite my previous misgivings about Airsoft snipers and their usefulness. A few times he was proved himself simply invaluable a few times by taking out those hard to reach targets, not necessarily at range.
      I would definitely have him/a good sniper in my squad again.
      however, I do hate COD n00b two tone 'I wanna be a snpr' 12 year olds.
      "Its a control column not a joystick"
      Secretary - University of Warwick Airsoft Society

Comment

I totally didn't start out with a two tone M14, and didn't recently swap for a two tone TM L96 (came two toned, bleh )... :D
        Saying that though, I'm not longer a two toner and I'd like to think I'm at least half decent :p
        What I dislike the most though, is the 12 year olds who would have two tone L96's if not for their parents being airsofters and thinking they know all there is to know about being an airsoft sniper. Though I'm not saying I do in any way

Comment

i dont mind two tone if your a sniper you should not be seen and lets face it at distance most peoples eyes arnt 20/20

what i cant stand is they telling me or trying to change how i do things by acting like they know it all,

play a game with just a springer pistol and youll learn more about sniping tactics ( keeping quiet, etc than you ever will
          sigpic

Comment

Play a game with a springer pistol and you'll know what it's like to have no range and feel like the biggest kid of all time in a really big back garden battle
            But my two toning was always tasteful, in that I used camo tape to cover it up :D

Comment

aye, i was resorted to a springer pistol for a day and i learnt sooo much !
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
                Play a game with a springer pistol and you'll know what it's like to have no range and feel like the biggest kid of all time in a really big back garden battle
                But my two toning was always tasteful, in that I used camo tape to cover it up :D
                you should see my TM springer glock 17L, the range on it is insane. 280fps and has the same range as most upgraded AEG's, only thing is its ROF is unbearably slow for obvious reasons haha!
                Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Just to add a bit to the thread - I suppose if the sniper really enjoys being a sniper, then let them work away. Its all about having a good time afterall!

Originally posted by MistroJoe View Post
                  At Elite action games worthing you're allowed 500fps bolt sniper with a 30m minimum engagement distance
                  Is that in Northern Ireland or on the mainland?

Comment

Originally posted by Modizlw View Post
                    my point is i dont want a retarded dick head shooting at my face.
                    keep your head down then
                    Check Out My Sales;
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...rs-and-adaptor
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Impulse-buys

Comment

Originally posted by ash8811 View Post
                      keep your head down then
                      Good point. Ultimate airsoft employ a 'no headshots' rule, but if that's the only thing you can see, you can shoot it

Comment

I started out as a sniper myself. My first game i dont think i got one kill as the rental snipers sucked and werent zeroed. i bought my own second hand l96 for my next game, with some nifty upgrades and it seemed to go uphill from there. My site has mangroves and within them ure pretty much invisible. I'd camp in there and take out any passers by. What I found to be helpful about my boltie was more the silence of it than the range. Dont get me wrong the range did help, but being able to take out multiple enemies and gain no aggro was the main plus.

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
                          you should see my TM springer glock 17L, the range on it is insane. 280fps and has the same range as most upgraded AEG's, only thing is its ROF is unbearably slow for obvious reasons haha!
                          Well if that springer has more range on it than my M14, I'll eat my whole armoury :p

Comment

i hope to god it has more range

Comment

Originally posted by JapaneseWookie View Post
                              i hope to god it has more range
                              I don't think I'll have a fun time digesting various metals and plastics, and if I'm going for the whole armoury I might as well eat my camo and vest too... :D

Comment

make an airsoft milkshake
                                we are going off topic here
                                snipers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X