Snipers, love us or hate us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

I'm saying this from my own point of veiw, in that an M14 was perfect for me but that's me and if you know how much I love M14's you'd probably reccomend therapy :D
    But if you're after a bolt action then don't go for the warrior, because it's... pretty naff. I would go for something that'll accept alot of aftermarket upgrades, and the TM L96 is really good. You can pick them up considerably cheaper second hand, and they're just as good. I have one that was sent off for a trade and I miss it already!
    Honestly, they're one of the best L96's on the market and if I'm not mistaken Laylax already have a full set of upgrade parts for them.
    When you think about it, if you're buying an L96 brand new, that's already £120-150, so if you save up a bit more you can get a decent second hand TM version, and that's money you won't regret spending
    But if you like the pistol grip more, maybe a semi auto sniper is the choice for you? I can't really think of any bolt actions that I'd reccomend for the price of a TM L96... It's up to you in the end though, and I can only give an opinion based on my experiances :D

Comment

i reckon that after a long time spending money on a vsr, you learn your gun well. where the bbs go, and what your ranges are. ive been playing with the sniper for a fair length of time and i can be a lone wolf and back up a main entrace to a base or objective, or i can sit back from a team. and shoot past them to the oncoming enemy whilst staying out of their range.

its a lovely class to play as, generally because i can make a difference during the day but im not forever getting shot in the face! which is my normal issue when weilding an AEG :-D

i know people are scepitcal about the whole point of a sniper. but as one id like to fight the cause, as its a much cleaner gameplay, and generally causes alot of distress and avoidance from the enemy when they cant figure out where on earth i am!
      TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Comment

Sniper behaviour and sneaking/recon on comms is often more useful than the rifle. As far as I'm concerned a sniper could run a standard full auto M4 and still earn the name, and be useful, through rapid ambush and stealth.
        Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
        ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
        a whole 85fps!

Comment

Only point of a sniper rifle is power, range and accuracy. So 500fps+ all the way!
          Originally posted by psirus101
          I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

My local site has a strict FPS limit for all weapons, so saying that is like saying I can't have a sniper at all... A bit narrow minded, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Having gone back to my sniper days ill give you the reasons why.

Fed up of having fire fights where neither side will make a move or are in range for being hit.

The lower fps of rifles also ties into that also trying to take people out from range with a 350 fps rifle half the time they just walk off and not take it.

Sniper rifles give me a much more visual experience, i know ive hit him and i can see tag numbers to take just in case.

Having a sniper rifle is a game changer put it that way, i fired about 50 shots the entire day last game and i didnt even fire my px4 as a back up having the STAR AW338 is a weight to lug around but at GZ woodland where you all play pretty much a snipers game, makes no difference to me, at least i will hit something instead of doing naff trade offs for 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by MiloXC3 View Post
                Only point of a sniper rifle is power, range and accuracy. So 500fps+ all the way!
                idiot. clearly 12?

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                Sniper rifles give me a much more visual experience, i know ive hit him

i fired about 50 shots the entire day
                this is what i love about sniping. i have used my dragunov for around 15 games in a row i just cant get enough of it
                Originally posted by jonnyhal
                For Sale: very nice heavy springer
                Originally posted by soulflame2
                when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Love snipers and love snipping....

BUT

COD4 and other games have a lot to answer for.

the amount of people i see using a sniper rifle in the incorrect way is shocking, 99% of all sniper users are 15 year old kids who think they are playing COD, after 2 or 3 game days they loose interest and sell there rifles.

what do you guys think.

Comment

i always move my guns on after a few games...
                    i get bored very easily
                    except my vsr though, had that for a logn time now

Comment

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

I do see a lot of kids with their sniper rifles who think its like cod,

aim shoot and they hit

i hear so many kids moaning in the safe zone "oooh i cant hit anyone its annooying"

and then they see my aw338 and start drooling over it which is also annoying.

but hey its their money if they wanna waste it let them.

Comment

Agreed, but it's the opposite for me. (kinda?)
                        Started out with the M14, admittedly I was entranced by the M21 from CoD4 and wanted one just like it... (got a RAS for it now, yay!) However, after multiple games I bought an AK and I had that for a single skirmish before I sold it and bought an M4... that lasted for a single skirmish day too...
                        I've been through many different weapon systems, and always come back to the M14 simply because it's my all time favourite :D

Comment

Yeah for sure Cerbo you have a point for some people having a sniper rifle is for them and it works for them, me being one of them but i did branch out to try different areas as a few may know.

Comment

My branching out didn't work out too well
                            I always lean towards the longer barrelled weapons, so there wasn't much of a change in play style for me!
                            The shortest barrelled weapon I own is an SA80, untill recently when I got a Mac 11 in a trade.
                            Still, after this sunday it's going to be traded for a 416 and then that for an M14 socom, so I always seem to end up near where I started! :p

Comment

i have two obsessions in this sport
                              snipers and pistols, how ever my pistols are on constant rotation too
                              i have a glock then something else then a glock and something else and so on lol

Comment

I started out with a Custom Hi Capa, decided I didn't like it, got an M9 PTP, I don't like M9's, got a glock and that's been traded for my Mac 11, I'm going to be buying a Socom gear MEU, or a Desert warrior of some sort... I have an untainted love for 1911's. I confess my guilt and have no more to say.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X