• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

do you want mine?...

Comment

Please don't tempt me...
      I have enough that I want to buy already, and my EBR will cry if I do not buy it soon!

Comment

go on
        its an exact replica of the 1911 used by brad pitt in the film se7en

if you havent seen it, its a good film, i suggest you go rent it

Comment

Oh lordy lord.
          Why are there so many 1911's out there?
          This must be a punishment for something in a past life...

Comment

Sniper Rifles are gr8. Especially TM l96s... Only problem is, .25s don't seem to have that much range on it >;-(
            www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

I always used .3's on my TM L96, I didn't really expect that much from a stock rifle but it did better than I thought it would.
              I was going to buy a load of laylax parts for it, but it got traded off before I got around to it :p

Comment

I think snipers are very valuable for long range hard to hit opponents, providing the sniper knows what he isc doing.
                My teams sniper hasc helped countless times. He is also one of my best friends which is helpful because occasionally I spot for him, as we both know what each other is capable of.

Comment

I don't really do the whole "sniper and spotter" thing that often, seeing as I'm a DM more often than not, but when I do I pull one of my teammates along with me to spot, as he's skirmished with me almost everytime we've been.
                  Generally, my team knows my range well enough to decide for me if I should take a shot or move up a bit. I kinda like it that way

Comment

So basically, you're one of those turrets you can place to help clear out and area, which then get's knocked down and moved forward once the area is clear? :P
                    Sounds like you should get a minigun :P

Comment

hahha agreed, i personaly dont mind snipers on my team as long as there half decent as well, although snipers , are very similar to most gbbr's out the box unless it's upgraded they are pretty poor, in order to snipe in airsoft, yeah it's the man that pulls the trigger but it's the gun that get's the hit. in other words if you have a crap sniper your not gonna have a fun day? my opinion.
                      Nobody asked to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.

Comment

I've said yes it's a great help, but it really depends on the sniper. As a squad, it's really important to have a good sniper, as he can then take out tactical targets while the squad lays down covering fire, and he therefore helps the squad move up. I'm not a big fan of the snipers who just lie in a bush and wait for the enemy to walk right in front of them - not really contributing and they're just a waste of a man. But a good shot can really help when working with the rest of a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Airsofter123 View Post
                          I've said yes it's a great help, but it really depends on the sniper. As a squad, it's really important to have a good sniper, as he can then take out tactical targets while the squad lays down covering fire, and he therefore helps the squad move up. I'm not a big fan of the snipers who just lie in a bush and wait for the enemy to walk right in front of them - not really contributing and they're just a waste of a man. But a good shot can really help when working with the rest of a team.
                          You've just described a DM, not a sniper.
                          Originally posted by fijitstiks
                          they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                          Originally posted by N3ADS
                          Is this you talking from experience ?..
                          Originally posted by fijitstiks
                          i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Airsofter123 View Post
                            Originally posted by crotmate View Post
                            You've just described a DM, not a sniper.
                            Snipers are great for defense of an objective when they can stay hidden.
                            For most other situations, there's DMs.

Comment

I started out airsofting as a basic rifleman, just enjoying the game with my G36c. I had always wanted to play as a sniper but had been advised against starting out with a sniper rifle due to the commitment of upgrades and such.

I am very patient and move quietly, and I believe I have the qualities of a sniper, even though I'm still partly on the learning curve. I've recently bought myself an M14 SOCOM and have currently set about upgrading it. I'm going for a MadBull 6.03mm barrel, replacing the spring (to account for FPS increase), then I plan to install a silent piston-head and a new hop-up.

It's not really a sniper rifle, and I had to compromise with myself and went to be a DM instead.

I don't plan on locking it to semi, just because I'm lazy, and sometimes it may be useful for me to be able to fire short bursts.

I think snipers are more a phsycological force than anything, as the shout of SNIPER usually turns quite a bit of attention away from the main battle and towards this supposed demi-god.

Anyway, I'm waffling now, so bye..?

Comment

Love em cos there really handy for some range shots. Hate when your hiding in a bush and i trip over your gun that just poking out :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X