Clear All

• private parts
    replied
    As above

Leave a comment:

• FireKnife
    replied
    Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

Seeing as 95% of the people that turn up to a game with a bolt action rifle are not 'snipers' then really shouldn't this be 'marksmen, love or hate us'.

True airsoft sniping, both the US kind with two man spotter and sniper teams or the old WW2 style of fieldcraft and target priority shooting i have no issue with, so long as they know the range of their guns, don't expect to hit every single thing they see (it is a piece of plastic going at a slow relative speed) and know when to change out to a lower FPS gun i am fine.

It is the people that turn up with a 450 fps clone out of the box with no tuning and a scope on it that fire .2's and expect to hit everything that annoy me, but they don't even qualify as 'marksmen', stupid but not marksmen.

'FireKnife'

Leave a comment:

• Cayuse
    replied

Don't really see them! Usually they miss their first shot so I fall back and flank. Most games don't last long enough for a sniper to be effectively enough.

Leave a comment:

• MiloXC3
    replied

Originally posted by parkinator View Post
    i dont mind snipers as they normally miss but when they hit a target they normally get a cracking shoot
    You must be playing with rushed snipers then! A lot of snipers feel they must rush and tend to fire off more rounnds and miss a lot. A calm, patient sniper rarely misses.

Leave a comment:

• parkinator
    replied

i dont mind snipers as they normally miss but when they hit a target they normally get a cracking shoot

Leave a comment:

• Thingy
    replied

I've been playing as a sniper for a while now and although I do really enjoy waiting in a bush for that perfect kill, I don't get to play woodland too often.
    I usually end up playing at Anzio and find that moving up with everyone else and using a pistol works, then using the rifle to take shots that sometimes people with AEGs can't quite make or reach, it makes a real difference to a squad as they then have that little extra range and accuracy with them.
    If I had my way though I'd be sneaking around some woods taking people out silently :P

Leave a comment:

• badger906
    replied

500fps is fine until you meet someone with an AEG thats not semi auto locked and you get peppered with a dozen bb's at very close range...

Leave a comment:

• Lt. Macka
    replied

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
    Wait what?

NECROPOST much, leave the dead threads alone.
    Wait what?

Some one doesn't know what necro posting is?
    Here is a definition
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=necroposting

A month old doesn't qualify as dead.

Perhaps you should know how things work before you post BS spam.

Stickybomb - I've been out of the loop but there certainly looks like there has been a down turn in its popularity.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• steve grey
    replied

Necro post?, a thread is only dead till someone revives it, can't see much wrong in that.

Leave a comment:

• Stickybomb
    replied

The last post was only a month ago and it has been alive well over a year.
    He wasn't necro posting.

Nice to see it's still going though
    I haven't seen so many snipers around as of late, it seems we are getting more people ready to go into the thick if it

Leave a comment:

• Hunter512
    replied

Wait what?

NECROPOST much, leave the dead threads alone.

Leave a comment:

• Lt. Macka
    replied

Originally posted by scortcozzy View Post
    im the same i always warn people before hand and i have 2 cylinder set up 1 is 350 fps for cqb which i give a 15m bang kill warning if they dont take it i will shoot them in the leg and the other cylinder is set up at 498fps for woodland and i give a 20-25m bang kill warning non takers i then shoot in the leg
    Wait what??

"Hey, hey you - yeah you at the normal airsoft engagement distance - bang!"

I'm guessing that's how it works??

I appreciate what you are trying to do mate but no. just no.

Targets inside your MED are for your side arm. Or they should be allowed to pass by and engaged from the rear

Leave a comment:

• skullfacedinfidel
    replied

my sniping set-up
    ghillie
    TM Socom
    G-spec - 300fps
    throat-mic

Results??
    fantastic, yea you might be able to shoot 100 rounds at me when i shoot 2? but who says you will see or hear me? or i will just tell my team mates? me and my mate played a massive game as snipers, took us 30mins to stalk our way all the way round the site, when we got their we were long range dropping the shots in and peopel were going crazy we even had people (nearly) walk on top of us. the term "sniper" carries too much over from movie you say Sniper! and people dive for cover.

Leave a comment:

• evilpanda88
    replied

I think that if a sniper is playing properly, considerate of other players and contributes to the game they are worth having. I have 2 upgraded snipers and an ics M16. I mainly use the snipers one at 330 one at 500, I find its good for pinning people down and half the time scaring the crap out of them, some poor guy one handed firing his p90 from behind cover having a fag, acting like a p**** ended up being on the receiving end of a 500fps shot to the hand form about 40m on a cold day xD

I do hate little kids with bloody gas rifles or cheap chinese snipers with insane fps

Leave a comment:

• voodooTheMarshmallow
    replied

Originally posted by beverage View Post
    Pretty useless when attacking are you being serious? Nothing worse than trying to deal with aegs charging about while snipers are slowly creeping up and then start pinging people in the head from the bushes. Every keeps there heads down, then the aegs start creeping up too and drip a grenade in. That's pretty much how our bunker games go lol...
    Agree completley , I tend to try and get round to the side or behind the oppositions lines and keep their heads down from two sides , even one sniper putting accurate shots down range can make it near impossible to defend a position .
    A tactic I have adopted to keep heads down is , if the targets gun is poking out from cover I aim at it ( not at scopes or stuff that will be broken / marked) . It's very demoralising to not be able to get out of cover and everytime you try to have your gun peppered .

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
Working...
X