X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khaotic
    replied
    Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

Love the milsim type who spot targets, co-ordinate attacks and report any threats to the rest of the team. while being a dab hand at taking out a target with ease.

I hate the lone wolf, crazed madman type who believe that THEY ALONE have the right to kill every possible target.

Leave a comment:

• C-Ghost-X
    replied

Originally posted by tristan View Post
    Airsoft snipers are a funny breed! Kind of like marmite in the way yOu either hate them or love them.
    In my view a sniper isn't just some with a bloody big scope on a high powered rifle. 90% of a real sniper is recon, gathering information of the assulte team. This is what my friend does very well, normally working with a rifleman like myself he will use his scope to pin point target locations ( please bare in mind this is a milsim game play style). This information is then sent to the assulte team via radio. Only if there is a threat to himself or the assulte team will the sniper engage.
    This ^^

This is exactly what a sniper should do. At one national game a few years ago, I spent 3 hours lying up in a hide about 30 yards from an enemy respawn point. Not engaging, just observing and reporting enemy numbers and movements back to my team who were about 400yds away. I didn't fire a shot for hours but it was great fun.

The kids who turn up at my local site with a two-tone L96 in hoody, jeans and white trainers, I just laugh at, as they're usually the first to get shot out.

Leave a comment:

• tomson2912882
    replied

Originally posted by tristan View Post
    As for little kids with sniper rifle, I ignor them as most of the time your see them way before they have seen you.
    Too true, the kids with the sniper rifles at my local panic and get too flustered when you spot them before they spot you and cant shoot straight as a result - so most of the time you can check your email on your BB or iPhone and reply before raising your rifle and taking a couple of 'dance for me' shots at them

Leave a comment:

• tristan
    replied

Airsoft snipers are a funny breed! Kind of like marmite in the way yOu either hate them or love them.
    In my view a sniper isn't just some with a bloody big scope on a high powered rifle. 90% of a real sniper is recon, gathering information of the assulte team. This is what my friend does very well, normally working with a rifleman like myself he will use his scope to pin point target locations ( please bare in mind this is a milsim game play style). This information is then sent to the assulte team via radio. Only if there is a threat to himself or the assulte team will the sniper engage.

So for me in milsim a sniper is a must have. But just skermishing I'd have to say they are pretty useless, in the sense of the game to kill as many people as possible a sniper just can't compare to a rifleman.
    As for little kids with sniper rifle, I ignor them as most of the time your see them way before they have seen you.

Leave a comment:

• stonerbear
    replied

Best way to counter snipe a sniper... if you spot him RUN AT HIM AND EMPTY YOUR HIGH CAP ON FULL AUTO INTO HIS FACE :D Sniper DOWN!

Leave a comment:

• Olphy
    replied

So long as the said sniper know's the pain of taking a .35g bb point blank to the face at 450fps, I haven't got a problem with them at all.

Leave a comment:

• tomson2912882
    replied

Snipers...

If I kill you, I love you.

If you kill me... I hate you.

- its a love/hate thing

Leave a comment:

• cypher727
    replied

Im going to be playing my first game on sunday as a sniper/recon and hopefully It'll go well.
    I'm using a tm vsr with loads of upgrades I bought from a mate it's got a tk twist in it and a spring I believe is shooting at 330ish plus other stuff. I'm hoping I won't turn into one of those COD noobs but will wait and see.
    Will take my aeg just in case

Leave a comment:

• S3V3R
    replied

They are great until the sniper doesnt know their distances.
    Was shot by a sniper from about 20m away at the NAE. Was a foreign bloke as well because when I yelled at him to check his distances he yelled back in french (I think).

Leave a comment:

• Kitty
    replied

Love them but not when I get shot in the face lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Iceman View Post
    Even the worst of n00bs can hit someone with AEG, because they can spray full auto, therefore they can help their team in some way.
    You mean they're good for suppression fire.........

Leave a comment:

• Iceman
    replied

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
    After a general read of people saying bad snipers are useless but good snipers aren't, isn't that the same with any player
    Sorry to reply to this so late, but...

Even the worst of n00bs can hit someone with AEG, because they can spray full auto, therefore they can help their team in some way. On the other hand, a COD-kid with a stock VSR and huge scope can't hit anything, and are only a wasted pair of hands.

My 2 cents...

Leave a comment:

• HunterAndy
    replied

The reason alot of people struggle is that charging to within 30m of a player is usually too intimidating a prospect for most airsofters to grasp, if I see a lone sniper and I have an AEG I've got a 100% hit rate on that tactic.

But also owning a sniper rifle myself, I can promise you they out range AEGS quite comfortably, my favorite past time at the moment is sitting just out of their range, whilst I still have a very large degree of accuracy.

Leave a comment:

• voodooTheMarshmallow
    replied

most GOOD sniper rifles will shoot at a ax double the range of a 330fps aeg , they are very hard to play against a good one

Leave a comment:

• Bad_Intel
    replied

I agree with Ninja - in airsoft a sniper doesn't have much advantage on any other player with a good-high end AEG. I have never shot a airsoft sniper rifle, but if it does have a range and accuracy advantage that is a large step beyond any AEG, then I can see why people use them.

Love - the idea of being invisible, picking people off.

Hate - the idea of someone invisible picking me off.

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
Working...
X