Collapse

Reloading your Primary and Secondary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reloading your Primary and Secondary.

Wow, this got a lot more response than I thought. Thanks for the idea's guys I'll be sure to try them out. I was asking more out of curiosity but I appreciate all the advice massively. I personally watched a video of Khan Seb on youtube about how he reloads. Pretty much what I do if I'm standing up or firing while moving if I've been bumped is to grab a fresh mag out of my rig before my current one runs dry, then try and replace them as quick as possible, always with one hand on the trigger ready to return a bit emergency plastic if I have too. I then stick my (nearly) empty into my dump pouch. If I'm crouched down and dug in in a firefight, I normally will let the mags drop (if the ground isn't wet/muddy) and lay out mags infront of me to replace them. I ALWAYS reload my pistol as shown in the video by Khan Seb though - I think it's a stroke of genius
    *EDIT* Here is said video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrdyP...feature=relmfu

Unless you speak French, I suggest you turn the sound down, as it becomes white noise eventually.
    Last edited by FullMetalAsh; 8 June, 2011, 23:22. Reason: Adding a youtube link
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john_mcginge View Post
      other thing i tried was attaching elastic to mag and the other end to my rig so as i ejected mag was attatched to me but the mags got annoying rattling around
      I Something like this but differently and it really works.

You attach TWO magazines at either end of around a metre of strong cord, (preferably not elasticated) so that one magazine is at each end.
      (i simply taped them with black tape)
      Then have the cord secured in some sort of tight holding loop to your webbing. so that the cord will not slide through, without you applying force.
      now have one mag in a pouch and the other in your gun.
      and reload as you would normally but allow the used mag to fall, as you pull the new mag up to your weapon, the cording pulls the used mag close to your webbing again.

if i explained that well.. it makes sense, and is really useful.!
      Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by majorlydangerous View Post
        I Something like this but differently and it really works.

You attach TWO magazines at either end of around a metre of strong cord, (preferably not elasticated) so that one magazine is at each end.
        (i simply taped them with black tape)
        Then have the cord secured in some sort of tight holding loop to your webbing. so that the cord will not slide through, without you applying force.
        now have one mag in a pouch and the other in your gun.
        and reload as you would normally but allow the used mag to fall, as you pull the new mag up to your weapon, the cording pulls the used mag close to your webbing again.

if i explained that well.. it makes sense, and is really useful.!
        Do you not get everything tangled up? Surely the more mags you are carrying around then the more difficult it would be to make this without getting tangled? I cant imagine trying to do it with say 8 mags. How many mags do you do this for?

Comment

If i have time, ill take a mag out of its pouch, take the empty one out, pop the new one in and then place the empty one in my dump pouch. If not, drop the mag and slam a new one in. I use repro magpuls which seem to do the job. Im currently trying to decide if the magpul loop grip or beercan grip is quicker though.

Comment

I use a dump pouch, you can still reload pretty quick with practice and it saves losing the mag or treading on it or whatever. I think the dump pouch is one of the most usefull bits of kit I've got to be honest

Comment

erm........i use one hip cap with 350 capacity. Its never gets low enough to worry about. I just change it when im not in the middle of a battle. Simple.
              sigpic
              Delta Rats 2nd Mounted Guard

Comment

Ah, I use mid caps, I got fed up of the hicap rattle, It's hard to be stealthy when you sound like a maraca :-P

Plus it's quite satisfying when you get some real quick reloads :-)

Comment

I think I do the magpul dynamics reload without even knowing... friend showed me how..

I have the mags upside don, the curver facing my right.

I find mag puls very helpful.

I slip my fingerinto the magpul, finger bent over, so the mag is at the top of my finger, like how you would wear a ring.

move it up toward the other mag, Put mag so the top if facing where the gun is firing, and on the right hand side of the mag in the gun, maing a L shape (backwards L), thumb goes over the mag in the gun making them both secure.

release the mag, twist my wrist 90 degrees, so the mag is in the magwell, old one is now facing me, push the new mag up.

take finger out of the mag in gun, slide it into the magpul one, then put the mag in my pouch.... or if im in a fire fight, shoot witht he mag still on my finger..

its hard to explain, ill watch the magpul vid later, see if it is the same thing im ding
                  FOR SALE
                  7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                  , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Im on the regimental shooting team. Having used the drills in real life i find that its easy to pull the following across to airsoft.

After the last round is out of the magazine, i pull out the magazine, lay it on the floor next to me, pull open my ammo pouch (velcro cover) and put in a new mag. If i have time, i will put the other one away. The way i set up my pouches is so that i have enough room in one of them so that i can without fail get the mag back in the pouch. The reason for putting the mag on the floor is that sometimes you might need to re-engage a target straight away. One of the CQB shoots we do is 5 rounds rapid, mag change, 5 rounds rapid, safety catch, flash of target, run 25m and take up next fire position. You have to be all over your drills in a shoot like this, because not only is it accurate shooting needed, at certain areas of targets, but from different positions and different rates of fire. When it comes down to it, you can put your mag away before you move, on the move (pouch, front of jacket) and there is no problems. Its unacceptable to leave mags. Unless your a yank. But i dygress...

On the airsoft field, i only run mid caps and low caps. I always store my magazines top down, so that whilst crawling around i dont get dirt and mud inside the magazines. (I use a warrior low profile rig with CQB pouches, the ones with elastic on top). I always carry enough mags to survive a sustained contact, and considering i only use short bursts or semi, i dont have any problems with ammo conservation. Normally in pairs or a group, we can all look after one another if ammo becomes a problem for one of us. 2 M4 style 500rnd speedloaders are carried at all time for quick reloading. Wait for a lull in the battle and reload as quickly and as many mags as possible. If you dont get them all full it doesnt matter, so long as you can have enough for a long contact. When reloading under fire, its best to find cover, and get your mates to put down rounds while you do that. There is also nothing wrong with getting your muckers spare mags which are empty and filling them for them. That way you will have one person filling, and the rest of the guys firing and keeping the enemies heads down, or killing them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FullMetalAsh Astronomy, Airsoft, Guitar. Sorted. Find out more about FullMetalAsh
                    Working...
                    X