Tornado Grenade Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado Grenade Tactics

Hey everyone, i recently aquired a Tornado Crash Grenade, and lets face it, the number of situations this can be useful in are huge, trap doors, trip mines and you typical grenade to list a few.
    I want to know how the people of the forum use your Tornado grenades, both crash and spoon, or how you have been taken out be Tornado grenades.
    Thanks

Re: Tornado Grenade Tactics

if your playing in an urban enviroment the spoon kit can be used for much fun.
    find a door close it on the spoon and pull out the pin. when the door is opened, boom but the only problem is if its not set of then its a pain to retrieve it.
    another one i enjoy but dosent go right 100% is place it on the floor and it can be shot to activate it. problem is if you miss and there storming around the corner your done for.
    "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
    -Alexander Hamilton

Comment

nice, i like the second one, deffinatly going to try that.
      i tend to leave it on top of a slightly open door, when someone pushes it it falls and boom.

Comment

Best tactic Ive found is to sell it and buy a Dynatech BFG instead :P

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
          Best tactic Ive found is to sell it and buy a Dynatech BFG instead :P
          Was just thinking of doing this
          TAE

Comment

Originally posted by tubzza View Post
            Was just thinking of doing this
            I'd heartily reccomend it, the BFG is infinately more useful. The problem Ive found with the tornado grenades is that they dont go BANG, they just go pssssh or something like that and spin a few bb's around the place, so people tend to think that unless a bb hits them it doesnt count. Wheras a big ass BFG, BANG room clear, job done. No arguments about who's dead and who's not :D

Comment

Yer even the distraction kit for the tornado grenade makes a small pop and that's ment to make a loud sound. Bfgs probebly cheaper in the long run but if u do like your traps get tornado if you need to clear rooms on the go get bfg
              -Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                I'd heartily reccomend it, the BFG is infinately more useful. The problem Ive found with the tornado grenades is that they dont go BANG, they just go pssssh or something like that and spin a few bb's around the place, so people tend to think that unless a bb hits them it doesnt count. Wheras a big ass BFG, BANG room clear, job done. No arguments about who's dead and who's not :D
                So what your saying is a BFG that ejects nothing more than hot gas and a bang (and in reality is no more than a distraction device) is more effective at getting people to take hits than something that actualy ejects BBs???

Also do people automaticaly think that unless a PEA from a pyro grenade hits them then its not a hit?

All you have to do is have a marshal clear things up regarding it at the beginning of the day if you are concerned about any confusion over hit taking.

Comment

i tend to find a big bang will get people calling hit, but if there's no big bang they have to actually be hit by something. but i wouldn't go rushing for the BFG yet, most of the sites near me are still having insurance issues with them. so how loud is the 'distraction' kit, i was told by someone it was close to a 9mm blank (which seemed a little loud, but even if it was less, it would probably be enough to get people to call hits like of a BFG or a pyro

PS has anyone used the 'impact' BFG? cause the impact tornado seems really handy, and if the BFG triggers nearly as well from impacts then i might have to try and convince my local sites to let my use bFG's after all

Comment

ive seen reusable pinapple grenade sets, you get 10 ring pull pinapple grenades that have a co2 charge that goes bang. you just refill the co2 and off you go, think getting them for clearing rooms would be good, but keep the tornado for traps and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Reian View Post
                      PS has anyone used the 'impact' BFG?
                      can you get impact bfg's?

when ive been killed by a bfg i know it and so does every one else and yer being instructed before any round kill radii and that only certain things are cover help to keep game play moving rather than have people arguing about if there dead or not.
                      The tornado grenade is good that the bb spread does take up the room and if your hit your hit its just preferences realy, you wana gas up and load up with bbs which takes a bit of time or slot in a new bfg shell?
                      -Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                        So what your saying is a BFG that ejects nothing more than hot gas and a bang (and in reality is no more than a distraction device) is more effective at getting people to take hits than something that actualy ejects BBs???

Also do people automaticaly think that unless a PEA from a pyro grenade hits them then its not a hit?

All you have to do is have a marshal clear things up regarding it at the beginning of the day if you are concerned about any confusion over hit taking.
                        Pretty much, yeah. The problem with the tornado grenade is it just isnt loud enough, very easy to not even notice it. Whereas a fook off gert big 9mm blank, mk5 or pea 'nade makes a huge BANG YOURE ALL DEAD. Something going bang simulates a nice explosion, something going psssssh is just... silly.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post

But then you mayaswel play a game of imaginary airsoft "my grenade did land behind you but it just didn't make a noise or eject anything over the fps of a gbb that's been kept in a freezer because you cannot feel nor hear the tornado grenade blow up, the only sound you can hear is if you slam it on the floor they are pretty useless apart from on a boiling hot day or if they have been kept near a hand warmer ect, the distration divice kit does NOT work with the current crash grenade kit as the diameters of the internals of the grenade are different when i bought my grenade (that i quickly sold) i spoke to airsoft innovations and they told me the fact currently mentioned.
                          Nobody asked to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.

Comment

what is a BFG?
                            call me dumb but i havent seen these things before.
                            can someone send me a link or post a pic?
                            cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PROJECT 28X View Post
                              what is a BFG?
                              call me dumb but i havent seen these things before.
                              can someone send me a link or post a pic?
                              cheers

Its a Blank Firing Grenade, it fires .22, 9mm or 12g shotgun blanks Have a look on the Zero One website or google "Dynatech BFG" (Im pretty sure Z1 sell them) basically, it does what it says on the tin, its a grenade that fired blanks so you get a nice almighty gunshot to simulate a grenade explosion

Theyre fantastic bits of kit, best buy Ive ever made for airsoft gear! Theyre expensive though, about £80 for one, however when you consider it costs £3 for a normal exploding pyro, and it costs about 40p per blank, if you use a lot of pyro they pay off for themselves rather quickly!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PROJECT 28X Im into Music, gaming and Airsoft. I work as an Engineer building Underwater ROV'S. Find out more about PROJECT 28X
                              Working...
                              X