Collapse

Tornado Grenade Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Tiercel on this one, I keep my two Tornado grenades for sites that don't allow BFG's but I've had many arguments with people where a Tornado has gone off next to them and they haven't taken it as it "didn't go bang!"

On the other hand, I've had people leave rooms and call themselves out just so that they didn't have to have another BFG thrown in…

Can't wait to try my impact BFGs out!

Comment

Re: Tornado Grenade Tactics

I have the older style Tornado (not impact). To be honest it's hit and miss. When it does work, it usually gets the "wow" factor from other players as they are rarely seen. However, as Tercel highlighted some players simply ignore them because they haven't gone BANG.

Ive had some wonderful kills with mine, but BFG's are more reliable. I'll be keeping it because it's fun, but I am seriously considering adding a BFG to my armoury as well. Although the impact tornado is tempting.

Tactics wise... Less of a tactic and more of a mistake gone right. Last week i forgot to put the timing plug in. I threw it round a corner, got a 1 second fuse and mid air detonation. The scream which came back was multiple "hit" followed by "OMG That was awesome!! do it again!!" followed by my grenade being posted back to me.

Comment

Nice, I have the tornado impact version, blooming awsome, you can pull the pin out and stick it in your pocket (Only got one) before entering a room, corriodor, building etc, wont go off unless the nade hits a solid object.
        Bounce it of ceilings, walls etc, no bang but you do get the scattering of BB's followed by, 'WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT', again people like to pass it back, and often want to know more about it in the safe zone.

I also use 12 gauge (outside) and 9 gauge blanks in my BFG, lots of fun...

Comment

The thunder flash grenades. Any one owned one?
          The one where you put in one co2 canister and the disposable exterior.
          I've read up on them but I just want to know what the buyers think of it?
          "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
          -Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by stoned_lama View Post

Utter crap. Timer is unreliable as hell and in the cold they can take up to a minute or two to detonate... IF they detonate.

Comment

So just avoid buying them?
              Just wondering what you all think of mines?
              There not to expensive but the only worry I would have with them is some one steps on them and they ignore it.
              -Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                Utter crap. Timer is unreliable as hell and in the cold they can take up to a minute or two to detonate... IF they detonate.
                ^^ That.

I've never owned one myself, but had a buddy who did. He was constantly watching a half filled shell, waiting for a boom which never came.

Comment

Youre gonna have trouble buying Bfgs soon. Apparently Dynatec are unable to get hold of one very important part. Theyre also in discussion over a new design from what Ive heard!

Comment

oh no's! bulk bfg buy in order!!!!!!

Comment

this new bfg. how could they improve on the original???
                      more streamline to fly through the air better?
                      spoon kit?
                      -Alexander Hamilton

Comment

this new bfg. how could they improve on the original???
                        more streamline to fly through the air better?
                        spoon kit?
                        For one it already has a spoon, be it not as obvious as say the tornado spoon kit. Second, BFG's don't get thrown well shouldn't be thrown they should stay as close to the floor as possible. Would not like a BFG to the face! Also I to am intrigued with this about new BFG's as I am after a BFG now.

Comment

My tactic is simple -

1)throw tornado into room
                          2)everyone hides
                          3)nothing happens as timers on tornadoes are usless and can take nearly a minute
                          4)people think its a dud and cease hiding
                          5)tornado goes off finally and gets the odd kill

Comment

One nearly took my hand off as the ally threads stripped in the cylinder containing the co2 caplet letting it all go bang as I was about to let go off the spoon, so I hadn't even been cooking it off!! In a word shite!

To answer the OP however, best tactic having owned one also for the tornado grenades is find box; put it back in; return to shop and ask for refund as they too are utter dogs droppings.

If the impact are better I need to be convinced but I've never had a problem with mk5's in all honesty.

Comment

Does anyone know how much Aisoft Innovations are paying/bribing Ai to try and convince everyone the Tornado grenades arent sh!te? :P There seems to be adverts for it on every other page and constantly being reminded THIS AM BESTEST GRENADE EVER!

Comment

i wouldnt say i agree they are the bestest grenade ever, but i think just for laughs and the odd trap they are worth keeping as part of your armoury.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PROJECT 28X Im into Music, gaming and Airsoft. I work as an Engineer building Underwater ROV'S. Find out more about PROJECT 28X
                                Working...
                                X