Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipering

i'm wondering what people would do

let me set the seen, you're a sniper, you're on your own looking over a path and a group of bad guys is down it. what would you do?

i would work out who is the one leading the group and take him out, then wait, they may not know where the shot came from. if someone starts shouting orders, take them out, and so on until you have reload, where i slip away, or the people you shouting at leg it, but if they start shouting at me, i will run
    Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Re: Snipering

I would get out my sidearm, and leave it by my side in easy reach.
    I would then try and take out the group slowly starting with the leader / person at the front.
    If they noticed me i would quicky grab my sidearm and attempt to shoot them all (epic i know :D)
    If they put too much fire my way, i would attempt to crawl backwards to more appropriate cover and then try and sneak off.

Bert.

Comment

Step One
      Assess the situation

Step Two
      Range find

Step Three
      Wait for a distraction ie, a grenade going off, shouting then engage

Step Three (B)
      Wait and take out the stragglers while other team members are not looking

Step Four
      Snipers aren't for mass murder, best to stay quiet and report to team members

Comment

Precisley - I'd call in the troops and just keep an eye on them.

No point taking on a group of armed personnel with automatic weapons whe you've got a bolt action sniper which require precision shooting

Thats my Opinion anyhow

Comment

Similar to above...

Assess, prepare, act, but then withdraw.

First off, do I know any of them? if so, they get the first shot. ... otherwise, its anyone I recognise as a regular, or the point man... Alternatively, there is also who ever is the easiest target. No point making it hard for yourself. If someone is a blindingly obvious target, and you think they may remain so due to inexperience or poor positioning , take out the next easiest target, but before, practice the sweep from the first shot to the next target... Then attempt to drop both before the second one ruins your setup.

Preparing for the shot, as above, getting comfortable, taking aim, and working out how things will play out in your mind.

Taking the shot. Dont miss. Its not rocket science... if you do, you should have already worked out what you are going to do next.

Next though, after dropping 1 -2 or maybe 3 of them depending on group size, ease of cover, and how well concealed you believe your position to be... Leave. Quietly, and hopefully unnoticed. You can either leave entirely, having caused the disruption you wanted (after all, snipers are mostly feared, so panic is your main weapon) or you can re position in a location you think they will fall back to, or advance to when they realise you are gone. You then repeat, or call in reinforcements to mop up the stragglers, if you have that luxury.

A lot of people think sniping is about finding the right place, and setting up shots... Well it is, but even more important, is knowing when to move and when to stay very very quiet...

Comment

Originally posted by MajorLandmark View Post

A lot of people think sniping is about finding the right place, and setting up shots... Well it is, but even more important, is knowing when to move and when to stay very very quiet...

I dont think anyone could have worded it better!

Comment

Shoot the leader in the ass to make him think someone behind him grabbed his ass..whilst they bicker i shoot the leaders squad until he realises hes alone.. then i shoot him.

OR

Get 2 pistols and charge

OR

Take a shot at the guy whos on point.. see there reaction if they look into my direction when noone is looking near me take another shot and continue like this until they run.

Comment

Originally posted by Trikz View Post
                Shoot the leader in the ass to make him think someone behind him grabbed his ass..whilst they bicker i shoot the leaders squad until he realises hes alone.. then i shoot him.

OR

Get 2 pistols and charge

OR

Take a shot at the guy whos on point.. see there reaction if they look into my direction when noone is looking near me take another shot and continue like this until they run.

Apart from the last bit being ok-ish, that could possibly be the worst suggestions so far lol

For me it would all depend on where im located, how easy is it for me to move, how far away are they, how much cover do they have, how far are the rest of there / my team.

But from the situation described, if there on a path infront of you, then you must of set up where you are to snipe the path, so I would have to assume you are in a good spot with a fair amount of distance?

If so, take the first clear shoot, I would assume your at a distance where they wont hear exactly where you are right away? saying who you would pick off next doesn't really make much sense as you dont know what sort of cover they will go to, who will stick there head out first ect.

But I would go for fire, relocate, keep them at range so your at an advantage and take it from there.

Also is "snipering" even a word? isn't it sniping?

My feed back
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

even though sniper rifles at 500 fps have generally got a longer range than AEG's etc
                  remember the accuracy does go down the further away you are cause after all there not real its a bb, wind will take it. (no way i hear you all say).
                  i find just getting into somewhere early on over looking a path you know is a main route and waiting is good if you don't mind almost falling asleep, at some games i've waited probs half and hour for one shot cause nobody turned up. then i did get the shot, hit my target and snuck off somewhere else and that part is so satisfying, to leave someone going "what the hell".
                  also even though your restricted to 30 meters with a 500 fps that doesn't mean you have to be miles away trying to make shots you know wont hit unless the airsoft god is looking over you, get abit closer and then you can make sure they are being hit so you can shout when they obviously didn't take it which is harder to do at longer ranges.
                  the shooter spotter option works really well i've tried it a couple of times, have a friend come with you on a stalk (hunting people) and make sure he's got an AEG to keep you safe at those pesky short range contacts and a radio to alert the rest of your team what you are finding, after all sniping's not just killing its reckon aswel.

last of all, ghillies.
                  i've only recently got my ghillie on the account i tried making one and i hated it.
                  but after using it in only two games now i must say those two days have proberly been the most fun ever having people look right at you and not notice from 10 feet away is amazing,
                  so far ive run into two problems with a full suit.
                  1. they get DAMN toasty in them so make sure you got water, after a got old run in them you will be feeling it.

2. if i wish to reload it takes a century as it has no available pockets so i must open the suit to get to my molly vest and then the speeder loader.

aside from those problems there great fun pieces of kit
                  anyways im ranting now so off down the pub.
                  i know alot might read this and think i knew all that but if it helps anyone out then your welcome.
                  P.s happy sniping
                  Go outside and headshot people.
                  or stay in and cut myself........hhhhhmmmmm

Comment

ghillies can also get tangled up in the plantlife you are attempting to conceal yourself in... If you arent in a bush and are relying on the ghillie to do the work... you are doing it wrong. Made properly, and used properly, they are very effective... you have to be prepared to spend 10 minutes picking bits of local foliage up whenever you relocate to keep it working well but yeh... Worth it if you can be arsed, but not a necesity.

As far as "how far away I am, how well concealed I am, etc" that is something you choose beforehand. Sniping is a game to be played at your convenience. Given proper thought you should be able to set up somewhere that you can call the shots... literally. If you are caught unawares, you might be unlucky, or you might not have given your placement enough thought. The only thing you cant control really is who turns up and when... but as long as you have a plan that covers who, when is just a case of patience. Anyone who knows anything about real world snipers knows that they can stay in place for weeks at a time before taking a shot, or before just leaving, if they are serving as recon. Play COD4 also... there is a nice loading screen with a digital clock rolling over :D

Comment

Or using ghillie without cover (ie the bush) and getting your kills without being seen is more of a skill than using cover (the bush). Its not always best to hide in a bush or in cover, choose your location carefully dont hide in the most obvious places, think outside of the box (bush).

Comment

sniping,

don't take shots just because you can,
                        make sure that you know the area that you are in engaging in
                        when you do engage take shots from rear to the front as this will give the elusion that your behind them.
                        walk, never run, slow is smooth
                        know your rifle wether it be a aeg or what ever, (i know my ptw over hops so adjust for it)
                        look for natural choke points
                        be able to read what people will be doing 3/4 steps ahead

when coming to the shot dont get distracted. smooth trigger pulls as rapid ones will jerk the tool thus giving you stray shots

when i think of more ill edit.

Comment

if it were me i would not approach them, that would be the most sensible decision but if they do approach you, take the leader out and to be honest if you got a head shot on him and his head explodes the rest of them would get put off,(i know i would) and after that i would just get out my side arm lol

War Is Just Another Way For Americans To Learn Geography

Comment

Believe it or not snipers aren't made for just killing randomers are extreme ranges.

This is true in real life as well as airsoft (sometimes)

Snipers are to kill important members of a team/position

In airsoft that important person could be a medic or team leader who have all the strategies, i wouldn't even bother trying to engage a party of more than 3 with a sniper rifle, if i did however id shoot and keep really still if they spot me then engage further.

Regards to ghillie

You dont need full suits get on your belly and your fine not even the real deal use full suits!

Comment

you just need head and shoulder covered

you should be facing the enemy so no need to cover your arse in greenery..

and im not sure about engaging people.. if your hidden enough and only shooting a few rounds they wont be able to see you.. you can get a fair few kills if hidden and positioned correctly
                              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                              Working...
                              X