Snipering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipering

With regards to "snipers are to kill important members of a team / position" ... that is one role... A far more common role is simply to disrupt an enemy advance, possibly pinning them down, so that a larger force can make a move on them, or you can call in **** *******. Assassination style attacks are not your general squad snipers role... Killing leaders by preferance is obviously an advantage, in every way, but killing a normal grunt while remaining unseen and unlocated causes a similarly useful amount of panic.

Comment

The most important thing in sniping is patience...

Honestly, as a rifleman, you notice the difference from changing from someone who generally engages people at short distances up to 100 metres, to someone who carefully choses his position, sometimes have to wait up to 3 days doing a recon of the area, and then attacking targets at 500+ metres.

In airsoft its similar, apart from the ranges of course. I normally play on a woodland site, and use the SR-25 sniper rifle (I know, not silent, and its semi automatic, what a bum!) but does the job very well.

Choosing the rifle is one thing, doing it as a role is something completely different. Sometimes I will see targets who haven't spotted me yet, and I can easily take the shot at them, but I still lie there waiting for the best opportunity, and usually only shoot them when they're 20 or 30 metres away, tops!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Haha Emo, i disagree with your statement. You knew how well cammed up you were when we buried you in foliage!
        Ive just started to get into sniping using an M14 thats converted for semi auto only.
        Ive found the best tactic for sniping is you work in pairs. Two guys with sniper rifles and side arms. It causes so much panic when two guys go down at exactly the same time, from 2 shots from 2 rifles. It scares the crap out of people!
        Ghillie suits are optional, but they arent a necessity. My no. 1 (Im no. 2) and i always just wear our chest rigs with a few m4 mags and our own ammo. This is so if we ever get into a big contact we can bomb our own guys up with mags if they start running low. Also, he carrys my old m16 sniper rifle so he always has spare ammo when im next to him. Side arms are both pistols, carried by us. We havent been using them so much lately because of the cold, but its good to have a back up!
        We carry a bag of .23 between us which we both use, and he sometimes carrys binos. If i get a kill from a certain direction, i will continue to cover my arcs while he covers the rear. This is because i know where the threat is going to come from, rather than him trying to guess.
        Radios are also great, which we incorporate a lot into our game. If we see a mass group, we leave them be, and observe, and call in the AEGs!
        We have a good tactic of hiding in bushes, with no cam on ourselves. We just stalk people, keeping low and moving slow, but can leg it if it gets too hot for us.
        Working in pairs seems to be a great tactic for us, with a main body of AEGs kicking round, not always near by either. After a few games of working together, you start to learn each others patterns and routines, and can compensate for each others lack of knowledge or skills, and can learn at the same time (More a case of me learning!)
        It also depends on the ground your playing on. If your in open areas, keep movement limited and get your buddy to throw foliage over you. Remember that movement is what gives you away in most cases. The human eye is naturally drawn to movement, so your cam might not be the best, but people will still find it hard to find you if you stay still. Utilize dark areas and shadows, and try and keep loose BB's out of bottles and in bags to keep the noise down. Move slow as much as possible, so as to stop russleing of kit and clothing.
        Finally, like has been said, its not necessary to be miles away. I hit somebody at borderline 30-35m, but because i was about a foot into bushes, in a dark area, the person had no idea what had hit them. They still didnt know what to do, until i put another round in them to show that it wasnt a fluke shot, and that he should raise his hand and call hit. Otherwise the next shot would of been the neck!

Comment

could ideas guys i think i might try and introduce a pairs game at my place and play free for all!
          do you think a sniper and a guy with a fairly accurate EAG would be a good combination?

Comment

Depends how much room youve got. Free for all rarely works well unless you have alot of rooms, free for all sniping your going to need a lot of open area with cover
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

If you live in york iain i think you should do that id probably be up for it as im only in harroage xD

Comment

Good info guys.

I've been looking at Ghillie suits and the like. The Webtex Concealment vest seems quite popular and I can see the advantages of being able to access pockets or vests underneath for getting ammo etc and the local vegetation being used for better concealment.

I was wondering what kind of ghillie suits/vests each of you guys use for concealement? Which do you recommend or not recommend and why?

Face paint or netting to hide your face?

What sidearms do you use and where do you carry them? For myself, I was thinking a NBB Mk23 Socom for silence or maybe an MP5K for sheer fire power....not quite sure how I'd carry it though? A Skorpion is also a possibilty.

Is there any particular kind of multi pocketed BDU's that are better for snipers than say the regular infantry jacket/trousers?

Thanks guys.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Private Ryan View Post
                  Good info guys.

I've been looking at Ghillie suits and the like. The Webtex Concealment vest seems quite popular and I can see the advantages of being able to access pockets or vests underneath for getting ammo etc and the local vegetation being used for better concealment.

I was wondering what kind of ghillie suits/vests each of you guys use for concealement? Which do you recommend or not recommend and why?

Face paint or netting to hide your face?

What sidearms do you use and where do you carry them? For myself, I was thinking a NBB Mk23 Socom for silence or maybe an MP5K for sheer fire power....not quite sure how I'd carry it though? A Skorpion is also a possibilty.

Is there any particular kind of multi pocketed BDU's that are better for snipers than say the regular infantry jacket/trousers?

Thanks guys.
                  Sorry to repost, but Em_g's completely unnecessary post seems to have stopped people from reading mine and attempting to answer my questions.

Thanks.
                  sigpic

Comment

The WebTex concealment vest has been proven to work if done correctly there's a video on youtube of a guy using it correctly, vials are good but so is cam cream so its a choice you have to make on your own.

There is a sniper smock you can buy it works in conjunction to the Arktis Ghillie vest or the web tex vest both the same thing, it has straps for plant life and so many pockets to get at things

Side Arm wise depends on the situation if you think you will be spotted like a sore thumb and will need to use fire power then go for a small SMG, other wise the mk23 is your best bet because of how silent it is

Comment

Thanks MiniSnipa. Got a fright when I saw the Arktis sniper smock RRP of £275!! :eek:

I hear the VSR mags fit in the pistol mag sized pouches. I was thinking maybe a drop leg pouch to carry spare VSR ammo or do you snipers wear a vest at all to carry your gear or do you just use pockets to give you the freedom to lie prone?

Basically what loadouts do you personally use?
                      sigpic

Comment

I've said somewhere in another thread (loudout thread I think) - but I've found that MP5 mag pouches works well for VSR mags. I have 2 mags and a speedloader in it.

Comment

I'd avoid anything drop leg mate you'll find it gets in the way, no matter what it is.
                          I'm getting rid of my safariland and combat pants (built in knee pads) for this exact reason and am going back to normal combats and a serpa.

Side arm wise the AEP range work very well as they are almost silent aswell when they are silenced. A mate of mine has a TM USP and it easily rivals the TM socom and maruzen p99.

On the camouflage side of things. Remember your basic S's be there 5 or seven depending on how you look at it. A ghillie helps cover most of these.
                          Shape, Shine, Shadow, Silhouette, Spacing, Sudden movement, Sound.
                          Try and hide in the shadows, you'll be harder to spot. Don't lie dead in the open use the contours of the site to help you. (hide between bumps and dips in the ground. Don't move suddely all your movements should be slow and steady unless you are 100% sure you have been compromised.
                          Last edited by Ak.; 7 March, 2009, 19:36.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
                          http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.
                            sigpic

Comment

waht i would do is similar to others , if there was someone in my team near me , i would alert them , then i would wait for a distraction and take the leader out then cokc again and yake out whoever is left , my sniper tactics are bad as i am not involved with sniping yet , but i would like to

Comment

I always use a radio when im softing, so id call my buddy to bring down some back up and then wait.

If that was not an option, id:

Chuck a smoke and frag at the same time, and then take out anyone left

OR

Take them out in order of firepower, so anyone with a heavy amount of firepower like a support gun would be the first to go, then those with assault rifles and SubMachine Guns, then snipers ans shotguns

OR

Take out a couple and then retreat knowing that ive done my part

OR

Go in suicide with either a grenade in each hand or a pistol and take as many as i could with me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                                Working...
                                X