Do you actually use tactics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you actually use tactics?

I was at the Mall last Sunday, and witnessed a team of 4 (undoubtedly with military experiance of some sort) steam through the area we were holding. It was really quite amazing to watch, and I imagine they were using training, which in itself is a form of tactics. I think in the end they got asked to calm it down a bit by the organisers hehe.

I'm in this for the fun, but clearly, if you understand how to work as a team, you can really devestate!

We got ours handed to us in that particular firefight hehe

Me personally, well, the best I can do is work out team objectives with my mates (aside from the game objectives), but in terms of actual tactics I think we need to utilise comms effectively, and practice drills.

Another team nearby were using words like 'interogative' in their comms. I've seen generation kill, and I still don't know what that means. Sounds pro though hehehe

Comment

I think it's posh military speak for "by the way". Bit pointless really, just like Oscar Mike.

| Cold War FilmSim player | Airsoft combat photographer |

Comment

"Interrogative" is used prefacing a question. I think it's to guarantee those listening can distinguish between a question and statement correctly. Basically just lets you know a question is about to be asked, if there was a lot of static and you said "is that 3 guys with RPGs to our 12 O'clock?" it could easily sound like "is.. three guys... rpgs to our 12..." and then you end up lighting up a bunch of dudes carrying fence posts.

Comment

As i spend most of my time marshaling i get to see a lot of action from an objective point of view. I have doubts that military tactics are of any real use in a skirmish but i would say that working as a team and remembering the objective is the most likely way to make any difference.

Ive seen a team heavily loaded with newbie kids wipe the floor with a team of seasoned regulars simply because the kids actually took orders and did what they were told as opposed to the rambo attitude of the group of lone rangers on the OpFor. Ive also seen a bit of basic suppressive/distraction fire allow one man to take a Sangar with 4 guys in. So id say basic teamwork is the way forward which can be made all the easier with a little bit of basic comms.

B->

Comment

@blzeebub

Small kids are the greatest tool in airsoft, if they enjoy being that person who needs guidance or just a 'suggestion' of what to do. I like to help them in the right direction. Last i wa at xsite we got a couple of the rentals together and pointed out the best places for them to go. And was thanked for it after. Airsoft is a lot more fun if people arent just standing around or just running about like headless chickens.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

go in sneaky and come out loud all ways a good tactic hehehe

Comment

Im ex army. 264sigsqn and im sure a few of you will know who they are. I took a bunch of other 264 guys once along with a couple from 22. We got our arse handed to us trying propper tactics (untill we got indoors).
                Originally posted by B.E.N.
                Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

The only tactics I use is let all the dudes with their hair on fire, run in like headless chickens while me and a few mates do some sneaky stuff to try and get good position, but I always try to push up and I will use covering fire to get mates into position, tbh the most enjoyment i get on a game day is managing to flank the other team and start picking them off, it's one of the main reasons I go, I couldn't enjoy just running in like rambo, don't really understand how other players do.
                  I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

Solo tactics yes but not team ones, takes too much to co-ordniate and you will always get the guy that wants the hits and charges off or the one that doesn't like a bit of pain and sits back, flinging badly aimed plastic your way.

The best way is to look at the situation, judge it well and then pick an appropriate tactic. Like if you need to storm an enemy position, get cover fire behind you and advance closer, making sure you are moving to the sides so when the enemy pop back round cover to return fire you are at an angle to them that gives a greater chance of a hit while they don't expect you to be there.

Trying to teach tactics to others is hard but given the time you can get even the greenest of player to get a few good hits in or as a good enemy distraction while you help him take out problem targets.

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stevey293 View Post
                      Im ex army. 264sigsqn and im sure a few of you will know who they are. I took a bunch of other 264 guys once along with a couple from 22. We got our arse handed to us trying propper tactics (untill we got indoors).
                      I think this is because the weapons are far more realistic due to the effective range when using indoors, because of this miltary tactics will work as the guns will keep up with the player. As soon as you go outdoors ie. woodland sites, the game quickly turns into the battle of the greatest ranged RIF so a lot of tactics will go straight out of the window.

Comment

As has been said, it all depends on your team numbers and familiarity.
                        Where I used to play in North Wales, we had a team of nine who used certain key drills such as fire-and-manoeuvre etc. to great effect. As we played regularly we all knew who we were buddied up to and were well coordinated which gave us a momentum that would push through objectives. Helped that we had comms too.
                        Other tactics like proper ambushes with cut off groups etc work well if you know how to site / initiate them.

Nowadays we play together once in a blue moon and all those skills are gone and we pretty much biff about a site lamenting our lost youth and glory days long gone

Having said that, we had a few Royal Marine guys rock up to a game and, like Stevey293 says above, they got their arses handed to them. We put it down to the disconnect between real steel training and airsoft, i.e. they were unused to the ranges that aegs will engage.
                        "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                        George Carlin

Comment

Personally small group tactics in CQB sites can be used to devastating effect.
                          Just working closely with a buddy laying down covering firing posing as a distraction allows you to get the drop on the OpFor alot of the time.

With CQB sites like the mall "local" knowledge is king.
                          1 player can get behind an enemy take and take an entire objective single handedly without anyone being none the wiser (then get teamkilled...)

Comment

Originally posted by Smeg2727 View Post
                            Personally small group tactics in CQB sites can be used to devastating effect.
                            Just working closely with a buddy laying down covering firing posing as a distraction allows you to get the drop on the OpFor alot of the time.

With CQB sites like the mall "local" knowledge is king.
                            1 player can get behind an enemy take and take an entire objective single handedly without anyone being none the wiser (then get teamkilled...even after your team acknowledges that youre friendly...)
                            Fixed
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Woodland is all about outflanking :D
                              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                                Woodland is all about outflanking :D
                                Pardon me?
                                Buy my stuff!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Fighting Mongoose Find out more about The Fighting Mongoose
                                Working...
                                X