Do you actually use tactics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you actually use tactics?

I think having a plan and getting some communication between players is important

send a few teams or groups with at least a few players that know what they are doing in each and when said players re-spawn they can ask for more people if needed or send people they don`t need where they need to be

as for teams ? as long as they get what they need to get done done and don`t cheat what ever works is fine but communication yet again is the key call contact when you have contact, ask for cover when moving up or let the person know if you can cover them. Ask for someone to chuck a pyro or make the people near you aware of what you are going to do so that you can help each other

Keeping a look out for targets and keeping everyone safe is the all part of team work these are all tactics

Radio com`s between groups really helps even more with big sites as you can let the rest of the team know how your doing and how that effects the game and how the other team is doing.

It`s a team sport and you`ll have more fun when you work as a team but you can be friendly and crack jokes and try to pull of crazy moves as after all its not real life and if it works you`ll all get a smile out of it and if it don`t you can all laugh about your crazy plan.

Having new players work as part of a group also helps them become better airsofters also it helps when people have technical problems as you may have a better view of their gun or gear then they do holding it also you may have a pistol you can chuck them to keep them alive.

Team sport team work that`s the most important tactic start playing that way as a team and you`ll have more fun and if the other team is playing like a bunch of rambo`s then you`ll more then likely always win......... if the other team is better then you may lose but playing against a better team can only test your skills and help you become a better player

Now if you just want to hose people down all day I`m sure there`s plenty of small sites where there`s no limit to how much you can do that bunker 51 springs to mine hell even the marshals there enjoy popping the odd poor player in the back of the head.
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Tactics are only good if you have a bunch of guys who want to.you need to all work together to get the best out of it, I've worked with guys who are part of a stag doo and just want to have fun, same with some of the sons and fathers. You get people who get so wrapped up init and get angary at those who want to have fun..

But I do play for the hole tactics part.. Me and 2 others waited 30 mins for a truck to go by,we was attacking. It went by and up a hill, we moved in. Attacked about 4 people then moved on them to stop a medic getting to them, then moved up to another bunch of guys.. It was so good that we hit around half the team before the game ended. But this is my style of play.
      And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Comment

Ops sorry thought this thread was about these .......

As always prefer tactical harribo though...... less rattle

As for tactics I like going for a relaxed style of play as find if too serious you can lose the fun element of the game, so like the work as a team but all play as a team be it new or experienced players as then you get things done, just as long people don't try to bark orders at others as then you get splinter groups off doing their own thing.
        All in all depends on what game is being played, what the targets and objectives are to whether tactics would benefit it or not.
        sigpic

Comment

I run at them shouting "die peasants"...it works quite often
          -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
          -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

I have been known to try the tictacs thing, but most of the time im the distraction/annoyance squad (im the only member) so just f***ing about does me....

Reaver
            "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

A good grasp of small unit tactics can totally dominate a game day.

My team 'Royal Union Rifles' have a large proportion of ex forces and those that dont are up to speed with hand signals, patrol formations, the ability to create a snap ambush and the most basic of battle drills like left/right flanking, fire and manouvre etc etc.

If *all* your team know whats going on and are up for it you tend to be at least twice as effective as a similar number of guys playing as one man armies. My former team LFO was nearly entirely civilian with little previous military experience but trained to do the above, we also practiced things like storming rooms and corners as a team... we were pretty successful at most events.

Most of gunman airsofts filmsim days use a large degree of tactics. Squad leaders are assigned, squads are briefed on their objectives and the importance of actually working as a team to achieve these and not just 'racking up kills' as its quite possible to shoot hundreds of the enemy and still lose at a filmsim game because you didnt actually achieve the objective of finding the mine field or locating an enemy OP etc.

As i usually run one of the up to 100 strong sides on these events and find myself with two or three platoons to co-ordinate i'd be stuffed if I didnt have a fair grasp of section, platoon and company level tactics. I regularly move units into supporting positions via map and radio, exploit gaps in the line with reserve sections held back with vehicle transport etc.

So yeah we use tactics at every game.

Comment

Tactics can be a hard thing to get sorted in the 5 mins you generally get to speak to others on your side before game on. What i find tends to happen is we get regular players to man "squads" and they figure out an overall tactic.

As for squad tactics, we try to stick together as we know each others roles, then it is just roulette as to whom else is in the group and how they play.

I dont think you need cast iron tactics for regular airsofting, but knowing what your fellow players niches are can be the difference between success and failure.

Comment

We all play at a site which is 90% regulars. So most members of each team knows the surroundings, how members of the other team plays etc. so tactics are essential. The other 10% usually enjoy their day more as we integrate them into our 'squads' and ensure there's far more to each game than run at each other and keep shooting from behind a tree until one or the other calls hit.

I have seen so many people quit the sport as a result of playing the same scenario week upon week...attack....swap then defend......then attack somewhere else.....then swap and defend that one.
                  “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

It depends on what you play as well.

I dont do open days other than when i'm reviewing them for the magazine. I play nearly exclusively high detail, 48 hour events and if you just run around looking for things to shoot you'll fail to achieve anything against a team that is co-ordinated.

I agree its obviously *very* difficult to get 50 strangers to follow a hasty plan but...

Getting a consensus to say 'send a diversionary loud attack down the left flank while the main body sneak up the right' is usually going to give you a better result than 50 guys just bimbling along with no idea where the other guys on their team are, what they are doing or that they might inadvertently blunder into the 'sneaky' squads area and give them away.

Comment

One thing I find most effective is cover fire, allowing your small group to push through picking off the opponents one by one, I find most seem to want to conserve BB's. They then take cover for too long, then get shot. We are all having fun while most are walking back to regen. You don't need to be a "Arnie", but at least do some shooting lol.
                      sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Because of the individualisim section level tactics generally work better than platoon or with some days half company level tactical system (s)

Sent using Tapatalk 2
                        Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Agreed but it depends again on what you're doing.

Take a Gunman Airsoft WWII or Cold War weekend for example. A *lot* of the guys turn up as teams and know each other well. If i'm running a WWII allied side and i've got ten guys from PBI (wwii brits), 10 guys from 47 commando (again wwii brits) and 20 guys from Dog Company (WWII us para) i can make up a plan around their playing styles.

I know the 47 commando guys are a good holding force and tencacious but not great assaulters so i use the to hold a flank. PBI I can rely on to move as a squad and be aggressive and Dog Co are fantastic scouts and far ranging 'harassment' troops. As players who come as individuals can be attached to these groups or formed into sections you can get the new or individual guys fully joined in but know you've a strong base to work on.

At the Italian Front 'gothic line' event I had a full company on 'Germans' in three zugs (platoons) and they co-ordinated perfectly to conduct company level attacks and manouvres.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                            At the Italian Front 'gothic line' event I had a full company on 'Germans' in three zugs (platoons) and they co-ordinated perfectly to conduct company level attacks and manouvres.
                            And great fun it was too
                            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

In well organised games, with ammo limits, you can use tactics to good effect, drawing fire to run ammo down, diversionsry sorties etc, and that's by far the best way to play, but when you're up against 30 high cap heroes, going through 5 thousand rounds a session, it's a lot harder to do, then, the only tactic is to shoot more of them than they do of you!
                              "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Working with friends or switched on strangers is definitely a plus for tactics. Last game i started running about with one guy and we worked together very well when it came to moving tactically, finding different approaches and clearing buildings. Makes a huge difference
                                Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Fighting Mongoose Find out more about The Fighting Mongoose
                                Working...
                                X