Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What do you do when you move to a new cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you do when you move to a new cover?

Us 2, plus a good load of Delta!

And it was a ... uhh.... tactical withdrawl.... yes *nods*

Comment

try not to trip over
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

haha yea otta agree with shadow on that one lol did quite abit of that today

Comment

check pouches

wined mag

prey to Allah

AND RUN LIKE HELL!

(but alot of the time I get cloaths lined half way and end up on my arse)
          Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

sorry i must expand as to why i said that

today a grenade was thrown at me when hiding at the bottom of a hil today - i turned saw the sniper last minute but was too late - end up fliping over backwards in the air - but best part about it?

i land on my arse facing the direction of the enemy with my mp5 shouldered - just did a burst right at them haha most epic failed win ever
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Well, are you behind cover on your own or with your section or fire or assault team? If you're on your own then you don't really have much choice but to stay behind that cover, identify the enemy position, identify your next covered position and then get some rounds down onto the enemy position to give you an extra few seconds to get to your next position.

If you're with your section then as expected your fire team should identify the enemy location and the assault team should identify the next cover position to move to. Your fire team will lay down suppressive fire while the assault team moves. Once you're there, assess the cover, situation, enemy location etc and then continue to move and close with the enemy whilst the fire team continues to suppress them. If this is not possible, your assault team lays down suppressive fire so that now the fire team can move to a new covered position with an overall intention of outflanking and taking out the enemy.

Comment

close my eyes.

then fun luke ruck
                sigpic

Comment

It depends on the time of day, I'm guessing you mean with daylight, I would lay as low as possible, try and do a quick peek check on the tango's and corner throw a grenade then try to get to a better vantage point. Either that or try to hang 10 whilst radioing for backup

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

id say reload your gun have look at enemy positions then pull out your pistol and do a suicide run towards the youngest player on the opposite team

Comment

Tie my shoe laces, tell my mate who is next to me i've farted and run.

Comment

I wouldnt move. I'd dig myself in, get comfy and light em up
                        Face to Foot Style, How cha like it! - Kung Pow

Comment

Generally I look for my next piece of cover and run like buggery not noticing the roots, branches, holes, bricks etc. until I trip over them and land flat on my arse.
                          It happened at the last game I went to and I was talking to a friend of mine who was on the opposite team and he said I dove for cover just as he pulled the trigger on his SVD and he saw the bb fly about 6" above me as I landed.
                          I then told him I didnt actually dive, I tripped over something and it was pure luck that I managed to land in behind the cover I was heading for.

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
                          if im on my own, i stick to the open so i can see, i know thats probs against SOPs, but if you think about it, if i go through dense stuff, then i can easily be amushed. but on a main track i can see all around, unless i feel stealthy, if im in with a team i will ask for someone to atleast raise their gun, if not fire. then say, "moving", or shout it, depending on the noise and nade noise. then ID the target ASAP, and relay them back to the team so that if im hit they know where to hit them
                          Someone's been watching the Magpul DVDs

Comment

If I'm on my own (which I am a lot) I use fire and manoeuvre

I put about 5 rounds at the target, not aiming to hit him (bonus if it does) but to keep his head down because if bbs are wizzing past his ear or smacking into the tree he isn't likely to poke his nose out
                            As I'm firing the last shot I'm up and moving to my next piece of cover

I then repeat this until I've got to my objective or have outflanked my opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Rimms View Post
                              If I'm on my own (which I am a lot) I use fire and manoeuvre

I put about 5 rounds at the target, not aiming to hit him (bonus if it does) but to keep his head down because if bbs are wizzing past his ear or smacking into the tree he isn't likely to poke his nose out
                              As I'm firing the last shot I'm up and moving to my next piece of cover

I then repeat this until I've got to my objective or have outflanked my opponent
                              This may work in a real combat situation, but it never works for me! I can work against it though. All you have to do if move a metre to your right/left, go lower, and return fire. You can usually catch them when they're getting up. I've caught quite a few people like this.

Comment

throw a blankfirer round the corner let it go off then run. as i am 1/2 way accross the path fire a m203 down the path and finally get into cover.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WelshXtreameWarrior I'd love to get an airsoft gun and will have one soon and will be looking for a Sniper Rifle! :) Find out more about WelshXtreameWarrior
                                Working...
                                X