• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone had a go at this.......Hutu

Hi all,

has anyone ever made one of these?

Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Re: anyone had a go at this.......Hutu

yeah really simple and so effective costs like £5 or less for all parts, got it wired to my mp5 with the battery in the front, just make sure you get the right (wavelength?) of led, the best ones are the 3mm ultra bright ones. At 20rps every bb was lit amazingly well.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crude Skinny B View Post
      yeah really simple and so effective costs like £5 or less for all parts, got it wired to my mp5 with the battery in the front, just make sure you get the right (wavelength?) of led, the best ones are the 3mm ultra bright ones. At 20rps every bb was lit amazingly well.
      Wavelength is right. In light, it determines the colour. Several HUTU threads I've read recommend ultra-violet LEDs, as they tend to "charge" the tracer BBs better than white for the same brightness.

Comment

thanks guys, I've ordered 3mm flat top U/V 9000mcd led's to try out. Do you have a switch or do you have it wired some where so when you pull the trigger it lights up?

Comment

i have a switch so that is on all the time, this way the bbs are getting lit while in the hop up, hooking it up to the trigger contacts wold be cool if you were making a tracer silencer but not really worth the hassle if its just going in the hop

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

How many led's are you guys using, the same as the video? I'm thinking about using 2/3 surface mount LEDs either side , maybe a mixture of uv and ultra brights to get maximum effect. Similar to the madbull strip, but on both sides.
            . .

Comment

I was thinking about using a switch in the hand guard also, Mainly for the reason that i'll only being using it at night games and we don't play that many of them, so I wouldn't want the leds coming on all the time when firing the BB's....theres no point, one of the guys on another forum done this:

I take it , that wires are either spliced into the trigger wires, or trigger contacts them selfs to get this done?

In my SIG552 I'm only going to use 2 of these U/V 9000mcd leds, should be more than enough if they are 9000mcd?

Comment

Needs to adjust his motor height but looks good!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                  Needs to adjust his motor height but looks good!
                  to be fair he was fitting it to someone eleses m4.... but i'll pass the message on....

Comment

how does the timing work, to get the flash in the right time?
                    sigpic

Comment

lol i think your over thinking about its complexity joe :p
                      its just constantly on to give the glow in the dark bbs time to energise before leaving the barrel. the only downside to this is if someone looks directly down your barrel they will see a blue glow lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

yeah two main ways - one is wired from your aeg battery with a switch to turn it on or off when ever you need the glow on.

the other is to wire it from the trigger contacts to the led, so when the trigger is pressed it sends power down the cables to light up the bb.

Comment

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
                          the only downside to this is if someone looks directly down your barrel they will see a blue glow lol
                          i think if you walk with your barrel pointed to the ground and lift it when your about to shoot may help this problem slightly. failing that its the trigger contact method

Comment

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
                            lol i think your over thinking about its complexity joe :p
                            its just constantly on to give the glow in the dark bbs time to energise before leaving the barrel. the only downside to this is if someone looks directly down your barrel they will see a blue glow lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
                            I tend to do that lol, wouldnt like it constantly on, id have to do trigger contact route myself.
                            sigpic

Comment

i'm going to fit this firstly into my g36 which has a mosfet fitted. Its not an ab mosfet. I've just tested it there with a standard led hooked up. rather that soldering to to the trigger contacts i'm going to connect it to the connector at the mosfet.

So on my mosfet I have three wires - 1 red - 16awg wire going to the positive which goes to a mini deans connector (which then goes to a trigger contact)
                              1 - green 22 awg wire goes from the mosfet to the trigger contact
                              1 black wire - from the motor to the other end of the micro deans then to the mosfet and then negative battery.

so I'll connect the wires for the HUTU at the micro deans which will give me a power from the trigger contact and the negative wire which runs to the battery, as i said i've just tested this with a standard led and it lights up when the trigger is pulled..... happy days.

I'll post some pics up when i'm doing it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

billy breach Team Techy for Team CSP Find out more about billy breach
                              Working...
                              X