anyone had a go at this.......Hutu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone had a go at this.......Hutu

if you are asking me, i first had it connected directly to the battery, but it drained my battery, i then connected it to the motor, but i was using a raptor mosfet, and it restricted the amount of time the lights were on...so the bbs were not being charged, i then connected it to its own battery with an off/on switch
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Does it drain the battery alot when on using the switch method.
      Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

Ive done some work on my spare m4. What ive done is fitted a small external switch that is connected to the main aeg battery. This way I can turn the hutu on when needed. This way ill save battery power and save space with regards to fitting a seperate battery. Ill post some pics up soon. Also I made a constant current driver up so no matter what voltage of bayyery is used the hutu will work. Rather than fitting a resistor suited for one type of battery.

Comment

So I fitted this to a G&G G16 that was lying around. As its a plastic hop unit I milled the front away, this is where i like to connect the 24awg wires to the leds rather than at the sides.

I then fitted a small swith to the bottom of the m4 hand guard. This was really easy as there holes already there.

on the inside I put some hot glue just to seal and hold the switch in place.

this method works really well as you can quickly tuirn the leds off for game play where you are not shooting anyone.

Comment

heres a quick video of the deign in action:

Comment

I also used the pin connectors from mini tamyia connectors. So that the small pin could fit through the space in the hand guard. This worked perfect.

Comment

heres a photo of the switch in the hand guard - you hardly notice it.

Comment

Very nicely done, may have to use that switch idea. It's nicely hidden. I just need to get a battery holder as I'm using one of those 9v square batteries. Rattles like mad.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

I've just wired it from the main aeg battery, as the switch is external and you can turn it on and off so it wont drain the main aeg battery

Comment

i thought id add the photos of the hop unit before and after using black hot glue.

you can see the difference it makes using black glue it hides alot of un wanted light

Comment

i would say that using a constant curent driver is a must that way you can use any voltage of battery for your aeg where you wont blow the led's by over volting. I will put a quick list part and photos of how to build one just incase people aren't sure how to build one - as it replaces the resistor method.

Comment

Constant Current Driver Part List:
                          ========================

1. 1 x lm317t - HERE

2. 1 X 22 OHM 1/4 RESISTOR - HERE

The above resistor is to suit the led's that I use: click HERE and use the calculator at the bottom of the page to work out yours.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

billy breach Team Techy for Team CSP Find out more about billy breach
                          Working...
                          X