Battery Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battery Help...

When I fast charge them it takes no longer than 20-30 mins, if I trickle charge them it takes no longer than an hour.

I will do as you have said above and use them in another gun and see if they last any longer tomorrow as I have just done repairs on the gun I mainly use them in, so it could quite possibly have been the gun I was using.

Comment

Batteries were being charged on a 5v fast charge.

Comment

Originally posted by caza View Post
        Batteries were being charged on a 5A fast charge.
        That'll probably be the reason then,personaly I'd opt for the lower 0.8A.
        I don't know of anybody that charges batteries at that rate and I doubt if anybody would reccommend it.
        They may be recoverable,stick to a lower charge rate,as low as possible for the next few outings and see how you go.

Comment

When I fast charge them it takes no longer than 20-30 mins, if I trickle charge them it takes no longer than an hour.
          Something is wrong there,use this calculator to see how long it should take,1100 MaH @ 50mA should take 26 hours,@ 250mA should take 5.2 hours,@ 800mA should take 1.65 hours/@ 5A(5000mA) should take 0.264 hours .

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
            That'll probably be the reason then,personaly I'd opt for the lower 0.8A.
            I don't know of anybody that charges batteries at that rate and I doubt if anybody would reccommend it.
            They may be recoverable,stick to a lower charge rate,as low as possible for the next few outings and see how you go.
            Right okay, thank you for the help, will give that a go and see what happens, should I drain the batteries before charging them again?

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
              Something is wrong there,use this calculator to see how long it should take,1100 MaH @ 50mA should take 26 hours,@ 250mA should take 5.2 hours,@ 800mA should take 1.65 hours/@ 5A(5000mA) should take 0.264 hours .
              Okay, thank you!

Comment

should I drain the batteries before charging them again?
                Just use them as normal then charge them on a lower rate,they may be beyond repair...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caza Find out more about caza
                Working...
                X