Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best cylinder/cylinder head set up to get best air seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best cylinder/cylinder head set up to get best air seal?

My mate who has no end of trouble fitting accessories and internals to his CXP must be wrong then :P

Admittedly he's not the most technically minded guy in the world, but he had absolutely no luck.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Benjii View Post
      Hey people,

Currently, I've got an ICS M4 which has a pretty bad air seal, all the upgrades that I have dome so far are:

Mad bull tight bore
      Shs 13:1 gear set
      Shs full steel toothed piston
      Shs air nozzle

Now I'm looking into upgrading my air seal, what's the best way of doing so and what specific products would you recommend?

Cheers,

Ben

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there are some parts can not be replaced.
      ICS nozzle and tappet plate, Safety Lever.
      ICS nozzle is shorted than TM specification.
      or you could try upgrade nozzle for TM G3
      sigpic

Comment

only things that are not TM compatible are:
        anti reverse lever
        obviuosly the gearbox casing
        the upper receiver thread.

thats it as far as im aware and i have 3 of them now.

tm & ics compatible:
        cylinder
        cylinder head
        piston
        pison head
        springs
        spring guide
        triggers
        tappet plates
        gears
        motors
        air nozzle (will need to be trimmed)

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
        This is the major issue with ICS guns, them being alergic to almost anything thats TM compatible*

*sweeping broad brush statement alert, i know some things are compatible :P
        I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

ive got the eliment tappet plate in one and the ulimate in the other, as long as its an ics nozzle it works ok. i did try a metal nozzle but i could not get it wo seal properly at all.

just got to remember as with all things in airsoft you cannot just throw it in or on and expect it to perform perfectly. but if you confident enough to pull the gun apart then you should be confident do you a file, sand pader and grease as needed.

Originally posted by deanfirst View Post
          there are some parts can not be replaced.
          ICS nozzle and tappet plate, Safety Lever.
          ICS nozzle is shorted than TM specification.
          or you could try upgrade nozzle for TM G3

My Main ICS is running 360 - 370 fps.

363mm madbull
          standard gears
          tubro 3000 motor
          standard m100 spring
          standard ics piston
          guarder piston
          guarder double O-ring cylinder head
          ics nozzle
          m16 unported cylinder (Polished the crap out of it)

im happy with it and with a good shim its great, witht the AOE sorted its even better.

SORRY, im a bit of an ICS FANBOY!

Comment

how did you trim the air nozzle?
            please please teach me, a picture would be great.
            I really want to replace it with a double o-ringed one.
            sigpic

Comment

i tried and gave up. just stick to the ICS one. thats one part i wouldnt mess with. im not saying you cant sand it down but even 0.5mm out will cause untold woes. plus there is no reason to upgrade it. i though in my niavety that a metal afer market noxxle would be better some how, but honestly it makes no difference.

look at the bits i listed.
              take the piston, cylinder and cylinder head out of the upper gearbox. put your finder over the hole in the cylinder head and try and push the piston in. if you have a good air seal it should be preyy hard to do. dont break anything though.

something that i do to all of mine is:
              i trim a few mm off of the end of the hop up (just before the C clip) then get some PTFE tape from any DIY shop and wrap a bit of that (just a thin layer) around the hop up bucking and the barrel, dont go over the groves for the C clip though. This will make sure that no air is escaping around the outside of the barrel from the bucking. Also try a different hop rubber. everyone has an opinion on which makes are best for what but it is really a unique thing so trial and error on that front im afraid. But Madbull, Guarder and system buckings seem to get the most 'likes'. i cant offer an opinion on buckings as im far too new to the sport to have one.

then put the ICS nozzle on and as long as you have the spring on the front of the hop up and it moves freely and you have a good hop rubber then as far as air seals go then you should be fine.

Thats all i did and i get a 15fps variation on fps and push 360-375 every shot.

Comment

i know paul made a new hop arm in the workshop and saw really good improvments on his ics but that was a bit of a one off.

If you take a photo of the upgrade airnozzle side by side with an original ics i can tell you what to do maybe to mod it. That or i see if i can get paul to come on i think he had an ics which he fully upgraded before his recoil recce.

Comment

I once fitted the ICS nozzle from the SA80 to the M4. They look so similar except the sa80 has a tapered 'collar' half way down and the m4 one had more of a step. It was double feeding like crazy until I realised I'd been sent the wrong part.
                  Even they are bother the same length and look almost identical but it wouldn't work correctly.

The metal one I had was too fat, too long and too much of a pain so I gave up seeing as the metal nozzle offers no improv,emit over the stock one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Benjii Ben, been in the airsoft 'world' for just over 2 years. Not much of a camper, a pure rusher! Find out more about Benjii
                  Working...
                  X