More mAH= more ROF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More mAH= more ROF?

With DC motors, speed is controlled by varying the voltage. If the load increases the motor will draw a higher current to overcome the load. So if you want a higher ROF try a higher voltage battery. The mAH rating is just an indication of how much energy a battery will hold. Voltage will drop off as the battery dissipates its charge. If you want a more stable voltage, then look for a higher capacity battery.

Comment

Re: More mAH= more ROF?

so much miss information on this forum.. The higher the MAH rating of the battery, the more current it can supply.
      A 5000mah battery can supply a far higher continual current than say that of a 1000mah, giving a higher ROF.
      The easiest way to explain it is using lipos but same applies for all batteries.
      if you have 2 batteries 1 a 1500mah 20c lipo and the other a 5000mah 20c lipo. the 1500mah can supply a maximum of 30amp at any given time, where as the 5000mah battery can supply 100amp. Formula: (C-Rating) X (AH) = Maximum Constant Amp Draw.

Now say your motor can draw a maximum of 35amp, and your battery can only supply 30amp.. you have a bottle neck.. plug in a battery that can supply that constant 35amp and you have a higher ROF as a result.

Hell when i used to race RC cars, i could tell the difference between 2 batteries that only had 100mah difference in there capacity, and when your talking about matched race cells (where the factory pair up cells with voltages and capacities to a very tight tolerance's) it cant be down to battery quality as some people suggest.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostDivisionAirsoft I can am grammar Find out more about GhostDivisionAirsoft
      Working...
      X