Li Polymer Batteries...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Li Polymer Batteries...

Wont a decent charger take care of that for you though?

I run a firefox 11.1v lipo in my m4 (actually its a l119a1, but thats unimportant). Internally its a dboys 7mm box with prometheus bearings, piston and head at running about 300fps. The only cause for concern I had were the trigger contacts, so i installed a mosfet

Id recommend them if you are prepared to put in a tiny amount of effort, and get a half-decent balance charger, lipo-safe bag etc
    bought [bawt]
    verb
    Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
    brought [brawt]
    verb
    Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

I charger will balance the cells. Its not a necesety to discharge, but i would.

Systema M4A1 PTW | TM P90 | KJW P229

Comment

Good stuff guys, plenty to think about then! I've found a website where you can design your own Nicad battery layout so I may try and have a custom one put together (i'll post a link when im back on my home PC). Otherwise, i'll give LiPo a try and let you all know if i'm happy or blown into fragments!

Comment

Dont buy Ni-Cd, get Ni-Mh.

Systema M4A1 PTW | TM P90 | KJW P229

Comment

Getting a Ni-cad/Nimh battery in an M4 stock pipe is a right ball-ache mate! You need to take material out from the stock itself, to allow for the end cell, standing on end (in a 7-cell configuration)

Go li-po - you wont go back! (I accept no responsibility if your house/car/dog explodes through mis-use :D)
            bought [bawt]
            verb
            Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
            brought [brawt]
            verb
            Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

Regarding discharging batteries:
              Ni-Cd : a necesity. Improperly discharged before recharging will permanantly damage the battery.
              Ni-Mh : Not neccesary at all.
              Li-Pol : Not neccesary, but given the potential volatile nature of li-pol, it may be a good idea for storage saftey.

The thing to remember is, that all batteries "leak" charge as they are left unused. If you discharge your Li-Pol to ~3V and leave it for two weeks ready for next game; They will die. It is much better to store them safely, partially charged.

If you want batteries in your stock tube.. Li-Pol is the only way you are going to do it, without an insane amount of modification. Thats about a straight forward an answer as you are going to get. Treated properly, a half decent li-pol is not really a hazard.

Comment

I've thought up a work around I've ordered a CAA stock with storage for 4x CR123 batteries. I can fit a row of 4 1.2v Ni-Mh batteries up the tube with 4 in the stock section, hook em up and it's 9.6v of known quantity!

I will look into LiPo's though as well

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fallout Find out more about Fallout
                Working...
                X