X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gun Dry Firing

Originally posted by midas View Post
    They are well known for being crap!
    i put a thread up earlier this week and was informed that they make square bb's, lol
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

I took the gearbox apart today. Absolute nightmare. I've really struggled to get it back together. It was the trigger, the tappet plate, and the plate that pushes over the microswitch that I had the most problem with. They all had springs applying pressure to them in all sorts of directions. I had to use a flat head screwdriver, pressed flat against them, to hold them all in place while I attempted to put the casing back on.

I finally put it all back together and fired a few shots but it didn't feel right, semi-auto wasn't working, and the motor was getting very hot. I, reluctantly, took it all apart again, re-greased the gears again, and added some more silicon again too, and put it back together. Semi-auto is now working. Although, the selector switch has to be gently pushed a little further after it clicks to get it to work. Obviously, not quite right but there's no way I'm opening it again.

I don't know if the motor is still heating up. I'm tired so going to go to bed and then check it again in the morning.

Originally posted by fangsnatcher View Post
      just a suggestion from another ares G36 owner....mine was good as gold until i introduced it to zero one bb's and then it double fed, dry fired and also jammed regularly. i'm switching back to blasters and hope that sorts it... may be worth a try too
      They are well known for being crap!
      Originally posted by fangsnatcher View Post
      i put a thread up earlier this week and was informed that they make square bb's, lol
      I've heard a lot of people say that but I wouldn't know how to prove it so was never sure if they just heard from someone else themselves, you know? But, I do only have ZO BBs at the moment so I should probably look into picking something else up and seeing how I get one.

Comment

Fired the gun a few times this morning. The motor doesn't appear to be heating up any more, which is great but I still haven't fixed the initial feeding problem by the look of it.

Comment

Have you cleaned the hop rubber/barrel/hop unit assembly out?
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
            Have you cleaned the hop rubber/barrel/hop unit assembly out?
            No, I haven't (which I know probably should have been the first thought!). I'll do this later. I don't actually have a cleaning rod though so the barrel might be a little tricky. I can certainly clean the hop unit and rubber though.

Comment

This is what I've done so far.
              - Filed away a slight ridge in the magwell, which was adding resistance to the BBs as they passed up and into position in line with the hop unit and air nozzle.
              - Dismantled, cleaned, greased, and siliconed the gearbox.
              - Reassembled the gearbox, with great difficulty.
              - The gun would not correctly slip into semi-auto. I noticed that the right hand selector switch did not align with the markings. I adjusted the selector gears and switches so that they now align and click into place correctly. The trigger now engages perfectly in semi-auto and full-auto.
              - Cleaned the barrel (as best I could without a cleaning rod).
              - Cleaned and siliconed the hop unit.

Now, it looks to be running much smoother. But, I need to feed a few mags through it this evening to confirm closure.

Comment

You're going to make a good mechanic

Comment

It's all downhill from here (in terms of difficulty) then! Every reassembly of a gearbox makes it easier - the first time i took a gearbox apart it took 20 minutes, 7 attempts and a friend to help hold things in place to get it all back together - not fun!
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

You best hope you never try to fit an M160 spring into something then..... Had one of those little suckers fire the spring guide 4 foot off my work bench and into a double glazed window before. Luckily did no damage. One of those sharp intake of breath moments though.

If you are really stuck for something to clean the barrel with, get creative, string, shoelace ect ect. With a knot or loop with a thin strip of tissue. Always some way of doing things.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by Bachelarius View Post
                      You're going to make a good mechanic
                      In the making! Thanks! ...

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                      It's all downhill from here (in terms of difficulty) then! Every reassembly of a gearbox makes it easier - the first time i took a gearbox apart it took 20 minutes, 7 attempts and a friend to help hold things in place to get it all back together - not fun!
                      I sure hope so. To be honest, after taking it a part and putting it back together again it had already become much easier. It was still incredibly frustation at how ridiculous it is ... but easier, nonetheless.

You best hope you never try to fit an M160 spring into something then..... Had one of those little suckers fire the spring guide 4 foot off my work bench and into a double glazed window before. Luckily did no damage. One of those sharp intake of breath moments though.
                      Yeah, I'll stay clear of that. And, if I ever do have to, let's hope it's on a gearbox with a "quick change" spring system, like the G36! ...

If you are really stuck for something to clean the barrel with, get creative, string, shoelace ect ect. With a knot or loop with a thin strip of tissue. Always some way of doing things.
                      That's it. Back to basics! ...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

deldalton Find out more about deldalton
                      Working...
                      X