Changing pistol grip on G&G T4-18, how is it done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changing pistol grip on G&G T4-18, how is it done

Sounds like it is the stock motor then. Well at least it will be reliable. Yeah I changed the grip on M4's before and as you said it is a 5min job, that's what is so frustrating as I have the Tango down grip on my Raider already sprayed DE so will suit the rest of the sprayed kit that came off the Raider as well. i actually really like the ergonomics of the Tango Down one too which is another factor for me wanting to change it.
    Now, even if I like the stock grip, if I want to spray it to match I'll have to mask off the whole gun.

Comment

It's an easy job - unsolder, remove grip as normal, fit new grip, re-solder, close up
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Babyalien View Post
        I actually really like the ergonomics of the Tango Down one too which is another factor for me wanting to change it.
        Same here. I keep looking a Magpul MOE or MIAD grips simply for looks, but every time I pick up my gun with the Tango Down grip I love how well it fits my hand. Why G&G put that awful ergo grip as stock on the 4-18 is beyond me.

I would suggest thinking about crimping on new connectors and swapping out the motor for something like an SHS but my gun very nearly over spins already on a 7.4 lipo as it is with the stock motor.

Comment

That's the reason they fitted the MOSFET on the gen 3 models , it cures the overspin problem . Soldering the motor terminals does solve a big problem g&g m4 guns suffered with . Have lost count of the amount of spade connectors I have had to squash tighter to stop them vibrating loose on g&g guns .

Comment

That motor looks very similar to the classic army high torque motors . The g&g motors had silver casings not blue as far as I know

Comment

The easiest way to solve the problem of loose spade connectors is to solder them onto your wires...

Comment

The easiest way to solve loose spade connectors is to fit better quality ones in the first place ( g@g I hope you are listening )

Comment

But crimped connectors will still shake loose eventually. Any company worth their salt solder them on...

And as for "better quality spade connectors" - the best I've ever bought came in a pack of ten for one quid off ebay, designed to go on a Vespa scooter. None of this gold plated airsoft snake oil nonsense.

Comment

Definitely not Classic Army As their motors say 'Classic Army' on them. Also, as per my previous post the body of my motor is reflective, it is just the top that is blue, not the body. See below for examples:

Classic Army:

classic-army-high-torque-motor-short-type6 by babyalien_25, on Flickr

G&G:

G&G by babyalien_25, on Flickr

Info source found here:

http://www.airsoftactionmagazine.com...ration-2-aegs/

As for de-soldering, found a kit on a popular auction site for £14.99 with a solder sucker device for removing the melted solder. Watched some videos on YouTube and the device seems very effective.

Comment

Ca high torque new edition
                      Last edited by Stealthkiller; 28 August, 2013, 23:34.

Comment

theres only one blue motor on that page hahaha.
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                          theres only one blue motor on that page hahaha.
                          There is only supposed to be one motor on that page, the G&G one for the Gen2 as it is a review of the Gen2 T4-18, sorry I should have pointed that out a little more clearly. The CA one is an image from the net when you type in 'Classic Army High Torque Motor'. Steathkiller, I really don't know how else to prove to you it is NOT a CA motor dude. Look at the picture I have posted of the CA, see the Classic Army text and the vents in the blue plastic, now compare it to the top of the one in my photo in my first post. Now look at the G&G one. Also, I have been in contact with the guy who owned the gun before who told me he had an issue where the gun stopped firing so got it looked at by his local shop who advised the contacts had popped off the motor. He wasn't aware they had soldered the contacts on just that they had fixed it. Anyways, if they had changed the motor they would have pointed that out to him but the motor wasn't faulty, just had dodgy contacts so the motor is still stock which means it is a G&G High Torque as shown in the previous link.

Comment

For a giggle I pulled the motor out my gun, I would have taken pics but it was late last night. My motor is exactly like the review picture - silver body, blue end cap, no sticker.

My gun was bought new from a professional supplier a couple of months ago. So unless said supplier decided to play silly buggers and muck about with their stock of brand new guns, I can categorically state that its not a Classic Army motor....

Comment

Nice on speedbird_666. So it looks like the confirmation is final of the motor type. So any thoughts on the solder kit I mentioned, should be fine right or should I be spending more money on one? Get what you pay for?

Comment

My bad . I knew that g&g motors don't have blue stickers on them and in that photo it looks like its is blue on the sides . On a different note , I would leave the wires soldered as that is one less bit of resistance the wiring will have . ( compared to a gun with spades connecting it .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Babyalien Easy going fella, always up for a laugh. Crude sense of humour. Find out more about Babyalien
                                Working...
                                X