BTC Chimera mk.2 mosfet help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTC Chimera mk.2 mosfet help

Just installed this and I've removed the anti reversal latch and it says i need the motor brake enabled. Is this true? And how much? I set it to light and heard a screeching noise after firing, set it to medium and heard very little screeching. No sparks on either, havent tried max yet but im not sure which i need or should i just stick the reversal latch back in?
    For Sale
    Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Re: BTC Chimera mk.2 mosfet help

What motor are you using? Are you sure your motor height adjustment is correct (this is the most common cause of screeching)?

The manual does say you should see sparks when breaking is enabled. I wonder if you are using a weak motor, high torque motors are best for this application, even in lower fps set ups.
    AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
    G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

Lonex titan a-2 high torque, its definitely not the height because when firing its pitch perfect. The noise comes after firing so im presuming its the braking working but maybe i need it on max?
      For Sale

Comment

In that case, I'd try max braking and go from there. If it's still spinning backwards, reinstall the ARL. In all my builds I've kept the ARL, there's no real advantage to ditching it other than making the gearbox marginally easier to put back together.
        G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

Originally posted by Dechande View Post
          In that case, I'd try max braking and go from there. If it's still spinning backwards, reinstall the ARL. In all my builds I've kept the ARL, there's no real advantage to ditching it other than making the gearbox marginally easier to put back together.
          Ok ill put it back in and just remove the braking.

Another question, how does everyone manage the cable in the stock tube? Im wondering at what length should cut the wires down to in both parts.
          For Sale

Comment

Depends on the stock you're using, but I have the cable long enough to just stick out the end of the stock/stock tube, so I can connect/disconnect the battery without putting any undue tension on the wiring. I put the battery into the gun then connect the two ends. I use deans connectors so I can push the connected ends into the end of the stock tube before replacing the stock. I'm sure other people have methods they prefer though.

At least without braking (or braking set lower) you're motor will last longer.

Comment

So ive put the ARL back in and disabled the brake and ive set it to semi and 2 round burst. But what im getting is semi with irregular cycles and 3 round burst?

the instructions say that the cause of wrong fire mode on one or more selector positions is down to the selector plate being the wrong size but it was fine last night or the data cables might be damaged but again it was fine last night.

Just set it to 3 round burst and im getting 4. Precocking can cause double firing but i dont have precocking enabled?

I have enabled light braking and the issue seems to be fixed its not screeching like it was last night either. Does say that braking can be disabled when the arl is in
              Last edited by Vex; 5 October, 2013, 12:15.
              For Sale

Comment

If you're getting extra shots from burst it may be that the motor is over spinning, I have experienced this in the past also. This certainly sounds like the case if when activating braking, it sorts it out. What battery, spring, gears (ratio) and bearings/bushings are you using?

Comment

So ive put everything together and if i try fast trigger pulls i get the 2 buzzes per second, over current detected. Im using 16 awg wire, lonex a2, standard gears and a 7.4v 800 mAh lipo, any help?
                  For Sale

Comment

Sorry I ment 18 awg wire
                    For Sale

Comment

Hard to say at this stage. I'd guess a wire has been cut somewhere and is touching something it shouldn't be, sorry I can't be more help.

Comment

How come you aren't using the wire that's supplied?
                        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

I dont think any wires are damaged because it says

2 quick buzzes per second: Over-current detected (non-short circuit)
                          - Gear shimming is too tight or motor height miht be adjusted too high. Re-adjust.
                          - Increase digital fuse settings or use a higher torque gear set or motor

What about my digital fuse settings? its currently on factory settings 60A

Chimera manual
                          http://www.btcairsoft.com/docs/chimera_v2gb_mk2.pdf

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                          How come you aren't using the wire that's supplied?
                          I find them too stiff compared to the flexible ones I was using, I have ordered some more 16 awg wire that will be flexible like my 18 awg. Makes it easier to get into the buffer tube.

Even if I fire once every second after about the 5th shot it will do its 2 buzzes.
                          For Sale

Comment

Found out the problem

The battery was dead although it does say if the battery is dead it will do 1 buzz per second not 2.
                            For Sale

Comment

Try a higher c rated battery to make sure its not picking up an over ampage drain on the battery , is the battery/ cabling getting warm .what is the c rating of your battery ? Is your battery charged ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vex Find out more about Vex
                              Working...
                              X