• Show
Clear All

Re: BTC Chimera mk.2 mosfet help

No the battery needed charging, 7.4v 800mAh 20c lipo
    For Sale
    Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

20c is good . Have seen some people have problems with low c rated lipos ( 10 c) etc ,the battery ends up getting cooked eventually by the ampage drain from a high powered ( ampage hungry ) motor .

Comment

A high torque one is going to drain it faster right?
        For Sale

Comment

If you put a motor that draws 20 / 30 amp on a battery that is struggling to put out 10 amps , the battery will be overloaded and working at its maximum output capacity all the time , which will shorten its lifespan dramatically . The battery will usually get warm or hot quite quickly which is a dead giveaway with lipos .
          Better to have a battery that is overspecced for the ampage you intend to draw from it .that way it rarely , if ever will be put under undue strain from a heavy ampage draw ,
          In the rc world it is not uncommon to see electric motors that can draw 50 amps + from a lipo battery . With some rc boats doubling that figure ,so good quality battery's / cells are a must .in the Airsoft battery world I always aim 10 c above what I will ever need , as not all battery's are good quality and some overexagerate their c ratings ,

Comment

Capacity: 800mAh 2S1P
            Weight: 48g
            Max Discharge Current: 16.0A Continuous
            32A Burst
            Max Charge Current: 800mA
            Max Charged Voltage: 8.5V 4.25V per cell
            Min Discharged Voltage: 6.0V 3.0V per cell
            Wire gauge: 16awg High temperature silicon.
            So mine gives out 16amps or 32amps? Anyway to tell how much my motor requires?
            For Sale

Comment

Of course the amount of Amps a lipo can deliver is a factor of the capacity and C rating.

Though 20c is fine, your battery is quite small. Especially for a TITAN A2.

At 16A continuous, that battery is going to be over stretched pretty much all the time.

If that battery has been running that motor for a while, it will be past it's best.
              Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
              Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Any recommendations? What about;

7.4V 1300mAh 25C+ continuous discharge lipo battery

Capacity: 1000mAh 2S1P
                Weight: 50g
                Max Discharge Current: 15A Continuous
                30A Burst
                Max Charge Current: 2000mA
                or

7.4V 1300mAh 20C+ continuous discharge lipo battery

Capacity: 1000mAh 2S1P
                Weight: 50g
                Max Discharge Current: 15A Continuous
                30A Burst
                Max Charge Current: 2000mA
                For Sale

Comment

Also another addition to the equation is your guns wiring , heavier guage wiring will allow more ampage to be carried . If the wiring is too thin it will heat up if carrying its maximum ampage capacity all the time . A Lonex a2 with decent wiring can pull 20/25 amps easily if under load . A motor on full auto pulls the most ampage on initial spin up , once moving the load is lessened . So stop start continuous short shots will pull the most ampage ..
                  Semi auto puts a lot of strain on a motor especialy if using active breaking . The motor is stop / starting and generates a lot if heat whilst doing so . Remember that the battery has to power the spin up as well as the current reversal . A decent battery is definetly required for this sort if use age .

Comment

It will be used for semi mostly. Looks like i'll have to go back to 16awg wire and see if I can get a bigger battery.
                    For Sale

Comment

Yeah was going to say about the wiring throttling the current...
                      Those two buzzes, is that just a generic current related fault then? (cba to open the manual on my phone...)
                      I use a VP 7.4v 1300mAh 20C on my mk1 chimera and it's perfect.
                      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

I'd go for the 25c if it'll fit.

Over 32A continuous verses 26A continuous for the 20c.

As for the wiring, the 16awg would indeed be better than the 18awg, but it's irrelevant until your battery can supply a higher current. Even then the difference will be minimal.

How does your current wire twist? Does it allow you to get a good twist or does it come undone?
                        Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                        Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vex Find out more about Vex
                        Working...
                        X