Firefly bucking soft (worth it )??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firefly bucking soft (worth it )??

First thing I thought, but was clean as a whistle. If no-one else has had an issue with temperature it must be something with the hop, will take a look and get back.

Comment

Doesn't the firefly rubber rely on 'beef curtains' to apply backspin? They may have worn, or the nub may have slipped?
      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Fireflys are great, they went through a rough patch a few years ago, but anything really old or new should be up to spec.
        They are great when installed correctly and the softer ones tend to run more consistently and efficiently. I've found them to be on par with the softer of KM's RH hop line.
        The flat and hard namazu spacer turns out great results with the FF buckings and also r-hops but will not work with KM barrels due to the shorter hop sector window.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

So can I confirm that firefly is probably the best on the market at the moment ?

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Comment

@poacher2k
            Well,I'll warn you that asking "am bestest" questions will often get you sarcasm on this forum, but IMO it is the best meeting place of cost, effectiveness, availability and ease of installation. Others that are widely claimed do better, such as R-hops are a serious commitment in time to set up right. But with that, I'd also say that care in setting up any hop will do you a lot of good, as is taking in other factors like nub, FPS consistency, BB quality and reducing vibration and flex in your barrel.

Now, to my saga, I've had a good look at the hop unit. It is still seated properly and in good condition, its adjusting properly, the barrel is spotless and the FPS is still +/-2, which is exactly as it was 2 weeks ago when it was putting .28s out to 50m in a straight line. The only difference is temperature. Is it temperature? is 12c too cold? Or is there some other factor I've missed?

Comment

yeah i did realise that was gonna be a crazy question afterwords lol but by best i mean hop rubber with out modification lol
              now @ your saga lol it could be just that ... or as what has just popped into my head ? could there be greas on the actual rubber ? causing waight to the bbs ? or id it a bad bb batch ? ( time to think out of the box lol )

Comment

Firefly hop rubbers rock, the harder options tend to be for the warmer climates. Another option is the prometheus blue rubber and prometheus flat nub. Both offering a very similar concept but there own take on it with greater availibility amd you get 2x in the flat nub packet for less money, and with 2 different shapes bridged and flat. I personally believe hop is something ever airsofter needs to be able to install and obviously clean the barrel. Then if they can install one theres no harm inthem trying out different hop rubbers. Remeber that after a hop rubber change theres a bedding in period its not long, and every time you alter the hop it takes a few shots to adjust. Fireflys are only that price becuase when you order them it goes roughly like this

Me: Can i order some firefly hop rubbers?

Them: Do you have the passcode ?

Me: What? No, can i just order 50 please.

Them: Five..

Me: Five what ?

Them: We will give you 5..

Them: Now avert your eyes and look at me no longer before it becomes 4..

Comment

Potential retard question here but is the nub called "buffer rubber" on a certain site?
                  If it isn't then what the hell is the "buffer rubber"?
                  Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

I suppose the nub is a pressure 'buffer' between the hop arm and BB...? I've never heard of a buffer rubber so that's all I can imagine, might be chinglish?
                    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

It's on a certain site where they give assistance to blazes
                      Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Ah, yes that's a nub. The firefly flat ones are awesome...

Comment

After action report after using firefly for a while now is ?.....
                          Oh dear mother of jebus they are frecking awesome ....... !!!!!!!
                          Every weapon i have put one of third little miracles sprinkled with fairy dust and blessed by the pope ... They actually out ranged most TM guns and kept up sniper's lol

That is all from me :D

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

poacher2k ex - front line infantry Find out more about poacher2k
                          Working...
                          X