Popping sound when firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Popping sound when firing

Just watched the video, you motor sounds too high. Turn the adjuster screw a half turn anti clockwise, and listen to the difference. Keep adjusting slowly, the sweet spot can be tricky to find, but you will hear it get noisy again when you pass it. If that happens, go half a turn clockwise.

Comment

Sorry to bring this up in this thread and not start my own I'm having the same problem with my mx5 pro makes a popping sound when a bb is fired but not when its dry fired.... I have changed the inner barrel to a 6,03 madbull black python that's the only change I have made any ideas?
      I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Comment

If it's popping when fired and not dry-fired, you're hearing the rapid escape of air from behind the BB as it exits the barrel. This can negatively affect the trajectory as well as causing that noise. It is probably that fitting a tightbore has overstepped the margin slightly, allowing less air to escape around the BB within the barrel. One remedy that has ample positives is to correct the AoE. This is good for the gearbox, and slightly lessens the volume of air flow which may be enough to loose the pop.

Comment

Cheers Richie I can't be assed to take the gearbox apart being a split gearbox I'm just gonna get my local shop to do it thanks for the advice buddy
          I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mintsauce5 Find out more about Mintsauce5
          Working...
          X