G&G F2000 and P90 semi problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&G F2000 and P90 semi problem.

I did fit a mosfet to my F2000 but I'm not sure if the trigger was well on its way at that point or not. I think it's just down to bad trigger design. It sounds like the BTC chimera mosfet is the way forward and oddly enough in the last couple of weeks a few have popped up in this country...

Comment

Hi,

I am new the forum and have the same issue with my f2000.

I was Wondering if you may be able to help.

Rob

Comment

I too have the exact same problem, Zero couldnt help, my local broke it more and a gloucester shop fixed it, but this problem still happens... im stumped.
        Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
          Amy has her gearbox back after I tinkered with it. My opinion is that it is INDEED a flawed design.

There's two sets of contacts, one for semi and one for full-auto. The trolley for semi is disengaged by the cut off lever if pulled too far to the rear. The cause of Amy's problem were the legs of the female contact. They were shaped in such a way that the trigger had to travel too far back before they made contact, causing premature cut off. You could get a semi shot if you pulled the trigger VERY carefully.

Reshaping the legs and bending them in slightly resulted in premature contact. Because contact was made before the trolley was positioned correctly over the cut off lever, it was firing full-auto, the cut-off lever being unable to break the contact.

After lots of twiddling, I found a sweet spot that would result in the contacts marrying up when the trolley was positioned correctly, firing a full cycle and allowing the cut off lever to do its job. For anyone else with this problem, it's trial and error. As I only had the gearbox, not the receiver, I couldn't test whether the trigger pull length would be correct for the contact shape, but after receiving the gearbox back, Amy informs me that it is indeed firing in the correct manner.

Unfortunately, due to the design, there's isn'y really any option that wouldn't require large amounts of work to mod another trigger in. My recommendation to anyone with this is issue is get a MOSFET. The arcing from regular batteries can be enough to slightly misshape the contacts over time which will result in these kinds of misfires.

TL/DR

Fixed it. Trigger contacts in this design can cause the following...
          - Full auto in semi - contacts too tight / incorrect shape
          - Partial cycle in semi - contacts too wide / incorrect shape

Reshape the contacts or use a MOSFET.
          I have the same problem with my F2k it's a chronic problem in this model... do you have any photo to help me fix it?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amy.payne.188 Find out more about amy.payne.188
          Working...
          X