Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M4 trigger issue

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
    The new g&g trigger switch does have 2 copper prongs , I need a new piston a well as I noticed it's missing teeth and some have worn down lol
    Soz thought it was a SHS switch my bad

Can't remember on G&G's are the 2 prongs joined together - in that case it is same as SHS - no copper plate on selector plate required to join the prongs - coz they are already joined for ya. There are 3 variations or types of switches used to add to confusion. Well actually add in micro switch and G&G's new electronic switch and it gets even more confusing

Piston "should" be missing 1 tooth at the back to help correct AoE, and a little on the next tooth.
    These are referred to as removal of 2nd tooth and shaving of 3rd tooth - Google it and you will see

Comment

I've just been to zero one and got a new piston and tappet plate and some grease and oil as he said they were knackered lol I'm pretty sure the switch I took out had the prongs aswell and copper plate on the selector plate

Comment

The old SRC switch like cyma's and think even lonex switches have 2 seperate prongs that must have the copper plate touching both contacts to complete the circuit:
        http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2992

and shs have these 2 prongs joined already so the copper plate on selector is not needed to complete circuit:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/cat...027_1_MARK.jpg

and G&P and D-Boys don't have any prongs at all:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/cat...c_1_mark_1.jpg

if you have the first type in SRC - not 101% certain which type G&G's use
        then copper plate MUST make good contact with BOTH prongs - it is a kinda ultra safety feature to ensure in SAFE the gun can't fire
        (just in extreme rare cases the safety cam fails to lock the trigger itself)

soz to mods for links - did have a pic explaining this easily but can't seem to locate a pic showing the 3 different types

your problem though sounds either cut off or quite possible the trigger lug itself is slipping off the trigger switch trolley/shuttle
        That is what I mean you will have to pay close attention to how it is all operating inside, probably latching onto it but might under pressure slip off

Now you have gone and bought a piston & stuff so the costs are rising already - which is what I was saying about don't go too nutz on the SRC box
        yup by all means learn & tinker with ya gun, but it is still a SRC - probably type 1 v2 gearbox so not ultra high end box that sadly has a few flaws in it
        but does have one or two good pieces in there, though it is a more budget gearbox

new piston - new tappet plate - well you probably need a new nozzle with o-ring perhaps if the old stock nozzle was still on there - that was where some of the fps was leaking out
        This is now adding up, might have been an option just to get another box to get gun going and then tinker with old src box to get used to the frustrating world of poxy gears & springs flying out everywhere...
        Then when you gained some experience you will have more success later on when you come to service the other gearbox

for what its worth my first few times opening up a gearbox did not go very well too

keep us updated but ffs stop a sec before you buy any more parts - upload a pic or keep us updated how you are getting on
        Last edited by Sitting Duck; 18 November, 2015, 16:23.

Comment

I've tried putting some pics up but it keeps saying failed

Comment

Ive managed to upload pics to picture trail hooefully it works http://www.picturetrail.com/gid24687545

- - - Updated - - -

No you are right my new switch doesn't have the copper prongs maybe I need a switch with prongs I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
              Ive managed to upload pics to picture trail hooefully it works http://www.picturetrail.com/gid24687545

- - - Updated - - -

No you are right my new switch doesn't have the copper prongs maybe I need a switch with prongs I don't know
              No no ya switch is fine I think, it won't matter if copper plate touches or not.

Wow ya old piston was shagged not the normal SRC green stock piston
              Wtf happened to old tappet and vertical scratches ?
              Yeah a curved scratch from sector spinning/rubbing perhaps but scratches straight down ???

Could of got an o-ring nozzle maybe, and think that cylinder is not stock SRC one, the port looks correct for 363mm carbine.

All that remains is that you check the trigger's lug is working and staying latched onto switch as you move it.
              That is what you need to check
              The cut off lever is slipping under the switch OK on semi so that it can yank switch up n back after firing single shot.

You can look into correcting AoE on ya new piston also

But main thing is trying to examine the trigger/switch setup and seeing where or why it isn't operating correctly before you reassemble it again

Comment

Yh i don't know what happend to the piston as I've not used it since I got it and the cylinder and g&g head I got from zero this morning the selector plate doesn't like springing back I think I need a new spring as it looks like it has been stretched but I greased gears put back together to see if what I had done fixed it but Nope lol if I pull trigger very gently and realease slowly it works perfectly well sounds like it does on dry fire anyway so i think the selector spring and cut off leaver needs replacing

- - - Updated - - -

Yh i don't know what happend to the piston as I've not used it since I got it and the cylinder and g&g head I got from zero this morning the selector plate doesn't like springing back I think I need a new spring as it looks like it has been stretched but I greased gears put back together to see if what I had done fixed it but Nope lol if I pull trigger very gently and realease slowly it works perfectly well sounds like it does on dry fire anyway so i think the selector spring and cut off leaver needs replacing I don't know how much they will be I will have to look on zeroone website or call them

Comment

Plus I still need a gun bag, sight,and new hand guards (metal rail ones ) as I want to get rid of the front sight I think I need to win the lottery hahahahahaha ☺

Comment

Make sure the cut off lever can move very freely...

Check inside box, tiny philips screw, even if that was done up fairly well it should still move easily with next to no force what so ever.
                    The spring doesn't need to be aa very mental spring to return the cut off back to its resting point either

The cut off lever should move easily

You have got the trigger spring all working ok ?

After firing the switch trolley, flies back and as soon as sector cam clears cut off lever it should drop straight back down ready for trigger to relatch onto the switch again in semi

Comment

I think I might just have to take it to zero one for the technician to look at it as it's starting to get to me now the stupid bloody thing hahahahaha unless I can find someone near me to look to see what they think

Comment

Think that is a good idea m8

It is gonna be a simple fix and you have put a few improved parts in there, so it will be just somebody with some experience and wisdom finishing it off

- - - Updated - - -

Ps 10 out of 10 for having a go

At least you didn't make it worse like my first box

Comment

Well I suppose I have done well considering I have never taken 1 apart before and when I get a more expensive 1 I'm not going to be afraid to take it apart and replace parts myself ☺ il try and get it to then this week it's a shame no one near me can show me what the problem is as in the workshop I can't stay and watch to see what's what lol

Comment

No I had another go and it seems to be working but had it chrono ed and the fps has dropped to about 260 so I am going to put the original cylinder without ports back on to see if that's the problem lol

Comment

Was also told maybe change the power spring and cylinder head

- - - Updated - - -

No its gone back to how it was before with the trigger and bbs rolling out of barrel lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cyclops Find out more about Cyclops
                              Working...
                              X