• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G3 sas barell removal

any more help?

Comment

apart from whats been said not really. i would do a step-bys-step guide by my G3 is at my student house. i'll try and either draw something or find a series of pictures

Comment

Originally posted by kipper66 View Post
        apart from whats been said not really. i would do a step-bys-step guide by my G3 is at my student house. i'll try and either draw something or find a series of pictures
        that would be very helpful thanks

Comment

right here goes, i'll be using the numbers i've put onto my pic above.

step by step
          1. twist #2 count clock wise (if looking from end of barrel) this is to make sure the hop is all the way off.
          2. pull #2 away from the hop unit down the barrely. this should come away freely
          3. get a small flat head screw driver and prise off #3. you should be able to do this by hand aswell.
          4. you *should* now be able to slide the hop unit off the barrel. this may require some force and bit of twisting. if it does, then twist back and forth while applying a constant force on it. if its not budging at all, then somethings wrong.

heres a list of what each part is:
          1 - main hop chamber
          2 - hop wheel
          3 - C-clip
          4 - hop arm, this is the arm that moves the hop nub (#7) and alsot slots into the hop wheel
          5 - o-ring
          6 - metal ring (not entirely sure what its for though.
          7 - hob nub
          8 - pivot pin, holds the hop arm in place and allows it to pivot when the hop wheel is turned.

hope this helps a bit!

Comment

yes rather a lot, cheers, where should the hop-up be located as i cant find mine
            ( 5, 6 and 7 )

Comment

to loosen it as a substitute for silicone spray can i use cooking oil?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
                to loosen it as a substitute for silicone spray can i use cooking oil?
                might work, but make sure u clean it off properly.

as for 5, 6 and 7.

5 and 6 shoul go together and be slid up the barrel into the end of the hop unit. (so they sit comfortably between the hopunit and the hop wheel) so i should go like this along the barrel. 1-5-6-2.

and for 7, see the C shaped bit on 4? it sits in there.

as you take it apart either lay it out in the order you took it apart, or hope you've got a good, logical memory and can put it back easily.

Comment

i think 5, 6 and 7 are missing tbh but they'll be replaced anyway and ill clean the barell but wont matter much as im changing the barell around

Comment

i have some extra virgin olive oil, should that be sufficient? and what do i do, just put a few drops down the barell?

Comment

5. 6 . dont exist on marui units. just so you know

7 Should rest inbetween the 2 teeth on part 4, as I said earlier, they're very prone to falling out when you take apart the hop up, it might just be on the floor somewhere.

If you're really struggling put it down through either end of 1, you can always clean it off afterwards. Either through where the C clip was or down the other end.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Originally posted by HunterAndy View Post
                        5. 6 . dont exist on marui units. just so you know

7 Should rest inbetween the 2 teeth on part 4, as I said earlier, they're very prone to falling out when you take apart the hop up, it might just be on the floor somewhere.

If you're really struggling put it down through either end of 1, you can always clean it off afterwards. Either through where the C clip was or down the other end.
                        its JG not marui

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ominous Slayer My name's Lee. My username used to be LeeBristolAirsoft. Find out more about Ominous Slayer
                        Working...
                        X