my gun 'fires itself'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my gun 'fires itself'

before i wang this to neil this weekend, just traded a 416 and i think i pulled a wire loose. its from the negative of the deans connector to the 'chip' of the mosfet on the stock wiring, cant supply pics at the mo, but when i connect the neg wire to the bit of solder on the mosfet where i 'assume' it goes. as soon as i hook it up the gun starts firing full auto reguardles of selector or trigger. am i putting the neg in the wrong place? cant get a soldering iron at the mo. poo.

any help greatly appreciated.

Jay
    Foxtrot Oscar

Re: my gun 'fires itself'

hmm without seeing the mosfet or your wiring, traditionally when the mosfets are either short circuited or dead they tend to fire constantly all the time.

if you installed the mosfet your self it shouldnt be too hard tracing it back and making sure its all as it was.

On the face of it though if all your doing is putting the wire back where it came from then its fried, never say never though.

Comment

As above, you are short circuiting it.

Mine did this when I crushed a wire in the gearbox casing by accident!

Comment

so whats teh best way around it? take the 'fet out and rewire the standard connector on to the pos/neg, ignoring the thin mosfet wire. The guy i got this off must have putit in as it looks home done, but i would rather it just fired rather than have the mosfet working. i dont even know what a mosfet does.......
        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

Get a picture online :D

Assuming you have a phone made after the industrial revolution, you can MMS a picture to an email address then upload to a photobucket account.

MOSFET is good, you'll need to either re-wire it completely to bypass or fix it!

Comment

just sounds like the blue activation wires come off and your reattaching it in the wrong place on the mosfet it doesnt go on either the postive or negtive there will be its own little solder spot on the mosfet its fell off of.

Comment

theres no blue wire mate, theres a thin red one that follows the pos and neg??
              Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

sounds about right as long as its thinner than the other wires, its called the gate wire, oddly becuase it opens and closes.

its the thin wire which goes to the trigger block. there will be 3 points on the mosfet, depending on the mosfet of course. But large red large black and thin blue, or in your case red.

id say have alook inbetween the red and black large and see if theres a point that the small was wired to inbetween.

Comment

ok im new to photobucket/ technology so here goes
                  http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...t=DSCF0928.jpg
                  this is what im looking at- you can see the big black chip thingy, the gate wire goes to a little brown resistor or something at the end, the positive is in the bottom of it and the neg (gunward side) ends at that little blob of solder, now i assumed the neg from the bat which seems to have WAY too little wire, joined at that blob of solder but then it goes on full auto. if not where should it be going? also i REALLY wana use this beast on sunday would it be quicker to purely bypass the 'fet?
                  Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

man my internets sky and its rubbish this time of night, i managed to load the pic, its pretty blurry? am i looking at the right one? i can make out a deans connector..

Comment

yeah it right one and yes its blurry, my wifes cam is a technological marvel with so many buttons i dunno how to focus it but you can see where the neg from the deans doesnt connect?

ok took one with flash on, still blurry, but hopefully makes more sense?

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...t=DSCF0927.jpg

how do i bypass the fet' is it as simple as just connecting the deans directly to the wires in the stock tube, or do i have to get involved with the internals, cuz odds are high i would ruin more stuff if thats the case.
                      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

by passing the normal aeg circuit is a simple loop, in one end out the other.

pics still no really help we really needed to see a close up on the fet and where the wires come off. in a none blurry fashion.

On the face of it, it looks like theres a section missing to the wire or that it simply joins to where its come off.

heres a pic of some random mosfet wiring, the yellow one in the picture is the gate wire.

then all 3 head off to the mosfet then a red and black will come off the mosfet to the deans connector / battery.

Comment

Normally, the MOSFETs used are N-channel. That means connecting the gate to -ve would turn it off. If you have a P-channel MOSFET, connecting the gate to -ve would turn it on.

Comment

so IF i cut the mosfet chip off leaving me a pos and neg then bad the deans on the end of that, straight to the battery will that get me firing again? i will leave the gate wire in and re-install the 'fet later, just need to shoot by sunday OR do i have to get the gate wire out too? plus if i have short circuited it is it funked forever of just need re-wiring again?

all help so far has been mega thanks again.
                            Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

It might be that simple, it might not.
                              With that much current around, the difference between right and wrong is burnt-out wiring...
                              Someone who knows what they're doing needs to look at it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jockjay Find out more about jockjay
                              Working...
                              X