piston jam on my m4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston jam on my m4

hey guys. everytime i try and fire my m4, the piston is jamming back, but not all the way. it doesnt want to come all the way back. it comes to about a quater the way over the spring guide and then stops and just makes a clicking sound lke a dead battey (the battery is deffinatley not dead. ive tried numerous motors. opend it over 15 times and just cannot diagnose a problem.

can anyone help??

Re: piston jam on my m4

try a new piston/piston head?

seems like something is stopping it, also, have a look at the mechbox shell itself..... or the spring guide maybe....
    When the 404 error message gets a 404 error message, you know it's bad...

Comment

cheerz buddy. will try it now

Comment

What spring are you using, is it a after market one or the stock one?
        sigpic

Comment

ye ive used an after market one. but then i put the stock one back in to see if it would help but didnt. still havent got it working

Comment

Could be a few things gearbox related

Look at the bearings see if they are seated as they will jam the gears
            the piston head screw maybe stuck in the gears

Try a new battery first mate to see if it is the battery

Comment

ye ive tried numerous batteries. what do you mean by seated?
              and waht is meant by the piston head screw could be jammed in the gears, because that bits inside cylinder not near the gears

Comment

could this be to do with the tappet plate because the sector gear has to pull it back right. could it be something related to this???

Comment

What make of gearbox is this ? and have your changed anything on it ? is the piston rails clean with no damage ? does it run a long the gb shell with no jamming ?
                  Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

check the battery... try another one..

this is power related... if its not the battery which it probably is, then the battery dispite it working hasnt enough power to complete the cycle even though its fully charged..

you then need to consider shimming or a broken or bad electrical connection.

before you say youve checked them all and its not shimming becuase your shimming is perfect..

check them all again!

Comment

ok cheerz for all the help so far. im off to borrorw a battery off a friend and see if its battery power. wouldnt be a suprise if all my batteries are a bit past it

Comment

tah richardy. turns out it was power related. ive done a lot of gerboxes and this one just baffled me simply because i tried so many batteries.

Comment

richardy knows all, richardy see's all....

glad its sorted dude.

Comment

I'm having this same problem with a TM box, but its not the battery as all 3 batteries I've tried have worked fine in my other guns...

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                              check the battery... try another one..

this is power related... if its not the battery which it probably is, then the battery dispite it working hasnt enough power to complete the cycle even though its fully charged..

you then need to consider shimming or a broken or bad electrical connection.

before you say youve checked them all and its not shimming becuase your shimming is perfect..

check them all again!
                              same applyes to you too, except when i said check them again you havent doen that

a free moving gearbox will turn.. with power .. if its not free moving then dispite the power it wont turn...

if your sure its not batterys check wiring, connections.. something can be connected but not good enough to pass enough current.

or it could be gearbox related...

also try loweing the motor height.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

EBR-freak Find out more about EBR-freak
                              Working...
                              X