30-40rps... doable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 30-40rps... doable?

m4 with a box mag...oh dear.......you are going to get some funny looks from the "thought police"

coz word on the street is that box mags are only supposed to be on support weapons, and an M4 with a boxmag is not classed as a support weapon, you will be seen as an unsporting person with a hose pipe...be warned
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

There is anything to dissagree with LiPo's for me. What changed me was last year on a cold and frosty morning my nicads dropped all their charge 3 of them.

Never looked back. Including a mid 30's ak.

Back to your origonal question. Im fairly sure you would br there with a 12v nicad or similar.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

im not to bothered about what looks i get at my local site as there is JG thunder maul do running about there to have a laugh with. box magazines are NOT in anyway shape or form specificly meant for support weapons. been there done that with real steal ammo. for a FIBUA assault often a high capacity magazine such as a drum or a box is very effective

Comment

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
          Box mag.
          A airsofters who can't shoot worth a damn best friend in a time of need :P
          I fixed it for you. It takes next to no skill to hold down your finger and track onto target.

I think you are going to be VERY hard pushed to get anywhere near 40 RPS without a lipo.

And by the way what FPS will you be running it at? If its more then 300 I would strongly suggest you lower the FPS to around 280-290. If you were to shoot me with a gun doing 350 at 35RPS I would have some very strong words to say to you.

You can do more damage with a high ROF gun than a 500 FPS sniper rifle at close range. Realistically if it is an urban gun knock it down to 250 if you want the high ROF, that way you won't be doing any damage to people.

Comment

my m4 is allready rnnign at 240. brilliant for cqb

Comment

Knock it down too much and you will mash pistons like they are going out of fashion. A weak spring won't return the piston quick enough.

It's each to their own, I have high rof but wouldnt be seen dead with a box mag, 9 x out of 10 they won't feed fast enough to keep up anyway.

Mid caps for me, even shooting over 30 a sec.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

they feed fast enough for small bursts, just not for spraying wich is guna smash up your internals anyway. i have been converted to lipo, joined the dark side. richardy sent me a link to a website with a cheap lipo and a cheap charger. cherz guys

Comment

Told you...lol
                  Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                    Told you...lol
                    Enjoy.
                    i thought you wasnt posting on this thread anymore

Comment

The only way to increase ROF is to get your motor/gearbox to spin faster
                      After you have reduced friction , changed gear ratio and reduced the spring the ONLY way to speed up a motor is to increase voltage.
                      Once you increase the voltage the motor will be able to draw more current and then your battery will have to deliver that current. A mini NiMh will NEVER supply the required current. If you use NiCd of NiMh you will need Sub-C or bigger cells to deliver the high current.
                      I think LiPo is probably the way to go
                      For insane ROF try a small motorcycle 12v battery. that will deliver the maximum power to motor/geabox

Just remember that in your quest for Formula 1 ROF you will get Formula 1 gearbox life . be prepared for a life of constant repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                        i thought you wasnt posting on this thread anymore
                        Didnt say that just said my peice, and stopped "arguing" before it decended into a full blown argument.

Ebr, be nice to know out of interest what ROF you manage mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_fodder View Post
                          The only way to increase ROF is to get your motor/gearbox to spin faster
                          After you have reduced friction , changed gear ratio and reduced the spring the ONLY way to speed up a motor is to increase voltage.
                          Once you increase the voltage the motor will be able to draw more current and then your battery will have to deliver that current. A mini NiMh will NEVER supply the required current. If you use NiCd of NiMh you will need Sub-C or bigger cells to deliver the high current.
                          I think LiPo is probably the way to go
                          For insane ROF try a small motorcycle 12v battery. that will deliver the maximum power to motor/geabox

Just remember that in your quest for Formula 1 ROF you will get Formula 1 gearbox life . be prepared for a life of constant repairs.
                          I beg to differ. I had a G36 running 28rps with an 8.4v 1400mAh mini battery. I didn't fancy trying a 9.6 in it.

I'm also kinda shocked by the fact no one has suggested a good rewire and a MOSFET yet. If you're going to be running over 30rps, I'd also advise a short stroke job and an m120 spring. Tune the FPS down tooth by tooth if you have to. And notice the ROF increase as you're doing it. I wouldn't necessarily go for high speed gears in this set up, or if you did go high speed gears, get a high torque motor.

And when you're testing ROF with a sound program, you should test it with ammo being fired. I think (although I'm willing to accept I may be wrong) that the ROF will change when you've got a loaded magazine in.
                          sigpic
                          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Here's some set up.
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/msang17?feature=mhsn

Comment

just checked out a galil on the web after seeing your one, and they are really nice especially the ARM

Comment

If i go for a ROF of over 25 i generally keep the fps down to 200-250. Why? you may ask. Simply because being shot with a high ROF gun, which also has generally close to site limit FPS hurts quite alot. The only time i use high ROF with close to site limit FPS is with a 3 round burst Mosfet. Which then i only fire semi or 3 round burst. When i first started airsoft i used to waste ammo like no tomorrow. But after having owned some GBBr's iv'e now gone into a more tactical state of mind when playing.

But in answer to the op. 40 RPS isn't too hard to achieve. The hardest bit will be keeping it reliable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

EBR-freak Find out more about EBR-freak
                                Working...
                                X