Collapse

A&K m249, Sound controll help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have someone wire a pressure switch to the old sound activation wires for you, then you decide when it winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: A&K m249, Sound controll help.

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      Have someone wire a pressure switch to the old sound activation wires for you, then you decide when it winds.

THATS A BRILIANT IDEA!

would i be able to do that though? i mean, i'm not an electrician but most soldering i can do. but wouldn't there be an issue with solding on a pressure switch onto somthing that is designed to use sounds switches?

EDIT:
      need to nip to the shops so i wont reply to the thread for an hour or so :P

Comment

There shouldnt be.
        If the wires are alreadt broken off the top of the sound sensor then simply strip a tiny amount off both, put the switch in sound mode and touch the wires together, the mag should start to wind regardless as your making a connection.
        If that does work then simply get a pressure switch from a torch or laser (i think i have an old laser one you could have foc) and wire it in.

Comment

Necro post !!

Same thing happened with me, mic was detached, so bought an on/off lock switch, with a nice big button to attach to the mag...

Only thing is, the sound activation wires only wind the mag for maybe a second, then it stops, then starts again for a second when they are moved apart, (auto wind works fine).

Any help on how to mod this box mag to a push button would be very appreciated
          Selling:
          ISAF Tan patches, Union Jack Desert Patches Red Dot Sight, SR25 and M4 HiCaps.

Comment

If its only winding for a few seconds just wire a pressure switch to the auto wind wires as thing and will wind for asking as you hold it
            you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

This is good thinking
              Selling:
              ISAF Tan patches, Union Jack Desert Patches Red Dot Sight, SR25 and M4 HiCaps.

Comment

Yeah, my m249 has just been done up by my sites tech man. What he's done is wired a button onto the handguard that winds the mag which is dead useful. It can also be wound using the switch on the mag itself for when you don't want your hands on the handguard
                Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

oh my flaming goodness tisane why didnt you post that earlier :D i took the mic out of mine thinking it was broken i bet it was just off!!

really annoyed haha

Comment

You nutta the last post by me was sept last year...lmao

Comment

someone brought this back from the dead and i found your post :D cant believe there was a level switch on it!

Comment

and theres a 3.5 jack socket on the mag for an external switch

Anyone found a replacement mic though????

Originally posted by Metalbody
                        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

i do have one funnily enough there tiny little button mics but no idea where they come from. maplins??? =/ also i just wired a pressure switch in

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                          X