M4 S System issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M4 S System issues

will a JG shell & a mixture of CA/SRC gearbox parts stand up to that kind of punishment?

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
      will a JG shell & a mixture of CA/SRC gearbox parts stand up to that kind of punishment?
      What punishment? LiPo doesn't mean epic voltage mate...

Comment

I thought the big thing about lipos was that they delivered a lot more power? Also, Id need a new charger wouldnt I? and an alarm? Its too close to christmas for that kind of spending!

Are there any PEQ boxes that would take a 9.6 crane stock battery, and arent a stupid size? I could cope with a small one :P

Comment

As ben said.
          7.4v lipos are more or less like having a 9.6v in there no problems at all for 90% of airsoft weapons.
          Look out for a 7.4v split pack its obviously 2 cells but being lipo they are incredibly thin.

The battery itself around £15 mark
          Cheapo esky balance charger about the same and lipo alarm £5-6 max.
          Even if you decide against it you havent lost a fortune.

Comment

Well, if you get a 7.4 1200mAh, which is nice and small, you can run most of a day and it only deals out the same punishment as somewhere between an 8.4v and 9.6v Nimh...

I did get an alarm, but I don't bother using it, because I can feel the battery drain out. There is a school of thought that says a normal AEG will stop firing before it sucks enough power out of a LiPo to deplete it to damaging levels.

I got a turning accucell 6 and a suitable power supply off ebay for less than £30 all in. Charges all types of battery too. Well worth it over those bogus cheapo charger you get.

Also, as for cells being volatile... I shot a 7.4v battery with an airgun from 3 inches to try and get it to explode like you see in videos. All I could get was warmth and mild venting after about 10 500fps BBs and about 12 airgun pellets. This was one from the shop of components.

Comment

might look at that then! I already have a variable charger with tamiya and corodile clip attachments. Im guessing the crocodile clips are a non starter! :P

Just need a RIS front end as well and I should be back on track for having a working tacticool weapon.

And I keep telling myself I wont buy a 2nd hand gun again...

Comment

The charger has to be a lipo specific charger NIMH chargers could end badly.

Comment

OK then. Lipo battery& charger research it is. Seems silly to have such a variable charger and then get rid of all the batteries it can charge though!

Comment

Get a £10 turnigy(sp?) balance charger.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                    A brain?
                    Originally posted by snuff
                    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Just out of interest what make is your charger?
                      The ballance charger i suggested earlier is just a cheapo starter charger i used the same one for a while when i was just starting out in the lipo world.
                      If you decide to stick with it there are plenty of newbies that would be willing to take your NIMHs and charger off your hands maybe to fund a better lipo charger.

Comment

Ive got a delta peak fast charger. Works very well with all the batteries I have now!

If its only £10 then i wont wory about the expense and seriously think about the lipo route. Or a PEQ box if one comes along. Gotta sort out the front end first, and, probably more importantly, get everything to work in the new body!

Comment

just while I swapped all the internals over to what I do have for now, I attempted to mod the upper receiver to fit the lower, with some success. The forward stock pin is in fine and dandy, but the metal body doesnt actually have room for the two stock pin holes on the upper receiver to slide down inside it, meaning you cant lock the rear stock pin in. Which sucks because the upper needs both stock pins in in order to hold the front end up during a fight, or youll life it and watch it all topple forwards and onto the floor.

The other option I had was to put the metal upper receiver on. This works fine, but also means I cant attach the front RIS from the s system, as it locks onto the gun along the top of the upper receiver. The metal one already has a RIS there that gets in the way.

Pretty stupid and annoying design really! Specially as most of my reasoning for buying an armalite was the ability to change so many parts at will! :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                          Working...
                          X