Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

AEG gearbox upgrades... whats the best thing to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AEG gearbox upgrades... whats the best thing to do?

small screwdriver will do, guess thats what you used.
    sigpic

Comment

nah used pliers :P

anyways bushings i got today are too small ahwell the old ones are good enough but new shims are being fitted now surprised how good these are

Comment

well its all re shimmed and running verry nicely indead inside now to stick the rest of the interls of the gearbox in and chrono at the weekend, fingers crossed its a little more impressive :P

Comment

ok so with a tightbore barrel, madbul hop and 120 spring i am getting 320 fps....

should i be getting more?

gearbox is functioning verry smoothly and the airnozzle is fitted fine, ROF is immense and bb's re traveling with some serious impact damage and all verry straight but i feel like i should be getting closer to the 350 mark surely?

i texted the compression before and it was shocking, i fitted a different o-ring and the compression is far better but i am still able to push the piston inside the cylinder a little.... should i not be able to move the piston at all?

Also, what parts should i be looking at replacing / modding to make the gearbox as quiet as possible? i have compacted it with cotton whool but i want more silence

Thanks

Comment

Maybe worth buying a new piston, piston head and cylinder. Get all the same make. All pretty cheap really. An M120 should be kicking out close to 400fps.

Comment

You need to 'wet' the cylinder and O ring with some silicon oil. Don't over do it just wet the surface. Same with the the other O rings.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i have used cylinder grease on the inside of the cylinder and rubber o rings or was that a bad move?

thanks

Comment

So long as it was only to wet the surface and not plastered it on you should be ok.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

yeah it was a fine ammount :/

think a new piston head will be purchased first then and mayne air nozzle as thats the only 2 parts i have serious concern over, is there anything in perticular i should be checking?

as stated i checked compression and there is slow movement of the piston when i block the nozle end

thanks guys

Comment

Ok so i got some monies together and want to know is there a specific piston head i should get in terms of size etc?

Whats the benefits from fitting a new madbull or element piston over the stock one when im limiting my rifle to 350fps?

Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                      Working...
                      X