Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imax B6 problems/help/advice

Hi,

I just came to charge my new (and first) lipo and its saying "connection break" or something like that, ive tested all leads and the actual charger on a nimh and it starts the charge. Any ideas whats up? Could the lipo be faulty?

Also when i was charging the nimh (which is a 1500mah 8.4v) the voltage was showing 10.odd, is this normal?
    sigpic

Re: Imax B6 problems/help/advice

Plugged the balancing lead in?

Comment

Yep, tried charge and balance settings
      sigpic

Comment

How you got it set up - picture might help

Comment

you have to have both the balance lead and the deans/ tamiya plugged in at the same time, i had this issue and was the mentioned solution all along
          sigpic

Comment

Pictures = 1,000 words.

Regarding the 10v nimh, don't worry. I don't think the readouts for Nicad's and Ni-mh's are accurate to be honest.

Joe - no. The balance lead and battery connector lead SHOULD BOTH be in the charger at the same time.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Well ive got

charger -> balance leads
              charger -> large tamiya male -> large tmiya female -> 3.5 bullets -> lipo

I can get a photo if you really need it

I like i said before that same set-up is charging nimh batteries
              sigpic

Comment

You HAVE to have the red +, the black -, AND the balancing lead in for the lipo.
                Originally posted by mr lean 81
                painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

Get a photo please mate.

Try this - put it on to Lipo Charge (not lipo balance). If it starts to charge, tell us the voltage readout for each of the cells.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Check the wires too.

Some wally at CS wires my connector the wrong way around. So I ended having to put the red into black socket and vise versa!

Comment

Picture;

Ive tried just the normal lipo charge but its still coming up and saying connection break, but ill try again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                        Joe - no. The balance lead and battery connector lead SHOULD BOTH be in the charger at the same time.
                        GAFFA-yes! read my post and its states the same as you just said

garuntee hes not plugging in both the balance lead and the main battery connector whilst charging, i had the exact issue, plugged both in to balance charge a lipo...tadaaa
                        sigpic

Comment

pics look as if your doing it fine to me, may be a wiring issue with the leads/battery

Edit: with it set up as in picture, try a balance charge, making sure your values are punched in correctly ie, charge rate and ampage
                          sigpic

Comment

The only place it could be is in bullets on the lipo leads but they all seem solid and connected.

Just tried normal charge (with both cables in) and it comes up with connection break.

When i just do a balance, should both cables be in then?
                            sigpic

Comment

Ideally you'll have a 4mm banana to you chosen connector there.

Just to check you are doing....

PROGRAM SELECT -> LiPo BATT -> Enter.

LiPo BALANCE 0.9A 7.4v(2S)

*Holding Enter*

Then displays the battery cell count, Enter again.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dead_Fred Find out more about Dead_Fred
                              Working...
                              X