Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imax B6 problems/help/advice

Dead fred-

Have you tried the normal balance charge at around 0.5-0.8 amps, with both sets of leads plugged in, ive asked twice
    sigpic

Comment

Just uploading a video now mate, it's definitely not the battery or charger. It'll be the wiring.

7%...

12.8% oooh.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

right simple answer

a cell is balls up on the lipo

if the current is going through from the charger to the connections

and you are not getting no power from the battery at all when on the gun

you have a broken lipo,

simple answer really,

the only reason it comes up with connection break is

dead battery,
        no connections made( you said they work so its out the question )

Comment

No... I have had dead lipo's go on my charger before. And I'm talking 2.8v dead!

The charger read out "low voltage" error, not connection break error.

Edit - http://deltateam3.co.uk/public/Armou...rge%20demo.mp4

Check the video and tell me if it's all kosher with the above!

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

My guess is the wiring, theres too many joins and crap in there, i have a multi lead which changes to whatever connection i require, as i said 40 times, try a straight through charge cut out all the bloody connectors, go from charger to battery, even if it means holding the wires in place, just to at least cut out some variables
            sigpic

Comment

if there is a break on the solder on the cell tabs it WILL read connection break

also if the wiring is faulty it will short the lipo and kill the battery resulting in connection error

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                No... I have had dead lipo's go on my charger before. And I'm talking 2.8v dead!

The charger read out "low voltage" error, not connection break error.

Edit - http://deltateam3.co.uk/public/Armou...rge%20demo.mp4

Check the video and tell me if it's all kosher with the above!
                Same here
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                  if there is a break on the solder on the cell tabs it WILL read connection break
                  Interesting. One of my batteries had this problem, didn't show that error for me.

also if the wiring is faulty it will short the lipo and kill the battery resulting in connection error
                  Ie, connection error first time. But after repeat attempts to charge, it will just say low voltage error.

Comment

looks like dead freds gone 'a bed lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Or dead after all of this nonsense!

Comment

weve electrocuted him lol
                        edit- noticed your still with us fred... are you ok, any luck?
                        sigpic

Comment

So is the battery dead? If so then i need to contact the retrailer but im not sure if they will cover due to be changing the connectors

Joe,
                          I have tried balance charge with both wires in at .9a and it didnt work, also in terms of all the connectors, it works on a nimh, not sure if it matters though.

Sorry mate, quickly jumped in bath made my own tears :'( lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Fred, did you watch the video above?

Comment

did you try cutting out that middle bit, take the bullets from the lipo and physically hold it into the large tamiya coming straight from the charger
                              sigpic

Comment

I have now, sorry mate lol

From what i can see everything is connected okay, let me try my current set up but charging a nimh using wire to connect the bullets to the other connector
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dead_Fred Find out more about Dead_Fred
                                Working...
                                X