Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting into Lipo

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting into Lipo, i'm not entirely new to them, i've been using them for years in RC Cars & planes. I've got sick of trying to fit a 9.6v into the stock of my AEG so lipo it is, plus i'm a ROF freak.

I'm just wondering what I need to do in order for my AEG to accept it. I've got a AB MOSFET fitted in my JG MP5 RAS, will that cut it?

And what are the advantages for 7.4v over 11.1v?

Cheers!

Re: Getting into Lipo

Most guns will take a 7.4 without modification, Your AB MOSEFT should be fine.
    7.4 will be easier on the mechanical parts than 11.4. Plus it'll use less ammo.

Comment

Ammo isn't an issue, the quicker a hi-cap is empty the better

What is the battery life like on lipo's compared to a high mAh Nicad etc?

Comment

Using 11.1 lipo.... The question you need to ask yourself is how long do I want a working gun for??? Yes it may sound cool but this much power can totally wreck your internals!

I use lipos but I learnt a while ago that a single shot or a 3 round burst kill is so much more rewarding that having to use half a mag to get the same result!

To answer your question, I use a firefox 11.1 lipo in my systema and it lasts an entire day.
        Last edited by Steveuknotts; 27 May, 2011, 07:09.

Comment

If you wanna go proper fast, you need to look at your mags. The MP5 ones fire relatively few before needing winding again.

Comment

A LiPo battery will last longer than a NiMH of equivalent mAh, and give a more consistent output.
            Others till I die

Comment

My stock TM P90 will go through at least 5000 rounds on a single charge of a 7.4V, 2200 mAh LiPo (I say "at least" because that's the most I've used in a day with it so far). 280fps, around 1080 rpm.

Comment

Thanks for the replies all. I've been told by the guy doing the work that the best combination would be a 11.1v, 20c 2200 mAh Lipo. Can anyone suggest some brands to look for, stray away from?

Comment

EDIT...

You can get nearly 30 a sec on 7.4 2200 30C LiPo's.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Well i'm going with a high-speed gear set & Systema Turbo. Do I really need 11.1v with that combination?

Comment

I know I'm a bit late to the fray but...

1. There is an unnecessary stigma when it comes to Lipo's and people think your gun instantly breaks if you use a LiPo. Truth is, that's not true at all!
                      2. In my experience, 7.4V LiPo (with a decent mAh and C-rating of 20C PR upwards) will give you a bit more kick than a 9.6V. It'll also last you longer and you won't need to upgrade your internal wiring. In my experience, 11.1V Lipos are a bit too much for trigger contacts to handle well - they tend to start arcing and this decreases the lifespan of the trigger contacts. You may also find that your gun overspins meaning you get 1.5 shots per trigger pull. In my experience, fitting an AB MOSFET totally cured both of these problems.

Yes, go for it! Get yourself an AB MOSFET to be safe and definitely a LiPo alarm (though I'm sure you know about them if you're into RC!).

Comment

Oh and also, from what I've read online (very in-depth testing) the Magnum motor won't actually stay faster than everything else for very long. I'd recommend finding a good Chinese motor with neodymium magnets - lots about them if you google it.

There's also a well-known shop that makes very good batteries for very cheap - all of mine are from there and none have ever missed a beat!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoka View Post
                          Well i'm going with a high-speed gear set & Systema Turbo. Do I really need 11.1v with that combination?
                          Nope....But don't waste money on the Systema turbo.

You don't really need a high speed motor an Ultra torque will give nearly 30 a sec with 13:1 gear set and 7.4 30C battery.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post

Yes, go for it! Get yourself an AB MOSFET to be safe and definitely a LiPo alarm (though I'm sure you know about them if you're into RC!).
                            Yep, the first time I ruined a Lipo due to running it down I never did it again. All my ESC's these days are programmed to cut the battery off at 30%.

How do I go about rigging an alarm up in an AEG? I've found the likes of this;

http://www.rccontrolfreak.co.uk/prod...0_1674233.aspx

Midas' prices do look very good, I think i'll go with them

I've heard a lot of people say that running a high gear ratio, turbo motor & Lipo will dramatically decrease the life span of your internals but noone gives a time scale. How long are we talking, a couple of games, months???

Comment

Sorry to highjack but can you use a mosfet with a 7.4lipo? or is it not worth it?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stoka Find out more about Stoka
                              Working...
                              X