Getting into Lipo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting into Lipo

Yeah I think fitting a MOSFET leaves you Lipo ready?

Comment

Stoka, that buzzer is exactly the kind of thing I have. It's really simple and just mega useful! :-)

I'm not such a fan of the term 'LiPo ready' (personally speaking) because whenever I hear about gun that 'isn't' it always makes me think that it's just shoddy internals! A LiPo is just a battery really, and a much better type than the standard NiMH or NiCD ones you find in Airsoft shops. You'd have to do the same prep in terms of AB MOSFET and maybe installing some nice steel gears if you were buying a huge mAh 10.8V battery. I simply get the feeling that 'LiPo ready' is just a term used by retailers to sell more guns... Anyways! :-)

I do think that AB MOSFETs (even though they're really passive braking :-p) are a very good thing to install, I don't know of any negatives to come from installing one anyway!

Comment

Ive got an ICS M4 and want better trigger response on single shot,i use a 7.4 lipo and it has metal gear's.

Will a mosfet help?

Comment

Yep. MOSFET will increase your trigger reaponse. As would swapping to deans connectors and a better, high quality gauge wire.

Comment

As will an Ultra torque motor or bigger C rated battery.

There are lots of things you can do to increase trigger response.

If you want to maximise it.

Decent wire, deans or XT60 connectors, fet.

Next stage.

Battery either higher C rating or voltage.

Then, motor. Don't waste money on Systema. There is no reason to pay more than £30 even in the UK for a decent motor. Ultra torque will give better results than high speed.

Gear set. Use 13:1 with the torque motor, it will blow your socks off for trigger response. Especially if you decide to go with an 11.1.

Most importantly, there are other areas you need to cover, AOE being the top of your list. Use the highest spring rate you can even if you have to short stroke to get the fps down.

Another note. The ultra torque motors speed will not vary much between spring ratings as they are hardly under much strss even if used with M130 springs. Which you wont need. They will just need more juice from the power pack, so you need to consider over discharging smaller packs as that is just as bad as over powering things. Simptoms are similar to over shimming. Everything gets very hot very quickly.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

It's rear wired with dean's and im using 1400/20c lipo's.What fet should i go for?

Also how would i check my aoe?

cheer's for the reply

Comment

Hey Flatline,

Midas and Stoka have already put out a wealth of information and I hope my 2p will help too :-)

I'm using an ICS m4 too and the main changes I've made are installing an AirFET (the FET values they use are ridiculously high! Very efficient things! :-D) and an 11.1V 2200mAh 15C LiPo battery. The trigger response really is very good. I can no longer get a half rotation when shooting in semi because it fires that fast.

I'm still using the Turbo3000 and if I were to upgrade it more I'd swap that out for an Ultra Torque one (I'm getting into GBBr so...).

The only other mods I've done are trivial upper gearbox things to make it more reliable.

Edit: I have heard (bear in mind this is forum-based hearsay) that ICS guns do not accept aftermarket gears very kindly...

Comment

Will that fet be ok with full auto and a 7.4?

cheer's

Comment

Yep :-) it handles it with ease on my 11.1V LiPo

Comment

Ive been using an 11.1v lipo in an m4 I built to just use for a while till I get yet another m4 but something a tad more to my liking (KA vltor) I put a crane stock on it and the 9.6v crane stock bats I have dont give the gun the same punch as when I used to run it on a 7.2v so Ive jammed an 11.1v Lipo in there, I normally play single shot games I just need this gun to last maybe 2 or 4 games before I get my next gun, then I`ll use it as a loaner gun so I`ll jam a 9.6 crane bat into it.

Anyway the main question is how long do you think the average set of trigger contacts will last before burning out ? Theres just no room for a mosfet I`ll put one in my new gun, if I can be get round to it I may fit a small capacitor near the trigger but that would slow the trigger response I guess the only other answer is fit a micro trigger if the contacts burn out ?
                      sigpic
                      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

If I were a betting man I would say months easily using a smaller 11.1. If you have the time or inclination just open it up after a couple of uses and see whats happeneing, if anything, then just give the slide a quick clean/ file.
                        Gun tech.

Comment

Yeah its a 2400 mah 20c 11.1v it just needs to last a few games then it can go back to being a 9.6v the odd time I use it it`ll get the 11.1v jammed back in it. It really dont get used much and I always bring atleast 1 spare aeg with me. Nice to know well if Im playing once maybe 2 times a month and Im not even emptying a hi cap per game and doing about 4 to 6 games per outing then Id expect its going to last a while lol

Im just a bit sick of this particular m4 Ive opened it quite a few times maybe 20 or more in the last few months and it just needs to stay together for a while lol finally got it set up a way I like it, lets see how long the china gears that I stuck in to try out last before it ends up with some shs`s in it.

Im happy to just use it and then dump it on my spare gun pile when I get my new aeg and have got that set up to what I want.

Midas I thought you were a betting man ? lol
                          sigpic
                          Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Nope...If I was I'd be a terrible gambler.

I'm far to cautious.
                            Gun tech.

Comment

can you use any mosfet to make your gun lipo safe or is there a specifc one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Dont be fooled into thinking if you fit a fet the gun will be fine.

If you want to use a 7.4 you don't NEED a fet. A fet will however usually make things more efficient so may well make your gun less LiPo ready.

I don't like that term anyway theres little difference it is just another battery. Little difference in the sence you plug a power source in and pull the trigger. I am fully aware LiPo power source is more efficient.
                                Gun tech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stoka Find out more about Stoka
                                Working...
                                X