Brand new ICS piston stripped after first game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brand new ICS piston stripped after first game

Make sure you bolt up the gearbox tight and check that the piston can stroke easy and freely as them stock ics motors have a lot of torque and will always kill the weakest part of the gearbox, and yes it should be fine to use a vented piston head in a short barrel gun you said it was getting 345 anyway, also check that nothing is able to get into the slit on the cylinder when its fitted into the gun and jam the piston, also check there nothing up with the tappet plate as pre loading the bb and very rarely cause the bb to be sucked back a bit and slow the piston but Ive only ever heard this from a few techs that used to work on real old aegs apparently they use to also find bits of broken bb`s that had been sucked into the gearbox lol.

Like everyone else says there has so be something slowing the return of the gearbox, I might change spring myself too just to be sure theres no issues with it.
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Some sound advice there.
      Many thanks to everyone!

MY FEEDBACK: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=pyro+feedback

Comment

Lets just hope your next post doesn't read....

That bloody piston...lol.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

my advice ? if it brakes again id clean the whole casing in a chemical bath and then use a deep fire titanium coated piston lol
          sigpic

Comment

As i asked before, as the metal tooth has sheared off the first piston that was trashed was this noticed at the time or was the metal plate just fitted with the tooth missing in the new piston.(as new ics pistons dont come with the metal gear fitted its extra)
            The damage shown is what happened to my ics m4 when that metal tooth snapped.
            as the sector gear cycles ,with the last metal tooth missing the piston will be released on the last plasic tooth and the last sector gear tooth will catch the piston on the way foward.
            it will wear the last plastic tooth away and then work its way down the row of teeth until the piston is totally knackered.
            i have had two of these go already for this reason
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Well then thats an easy fix just get a piston with 3 metal teeth at the end instead of 1
              sigpic

Comment

or just use a different make of piston , as i heard from a repairer at a site i attended when mine broke for the second time that he,s had a few ics pistons shear the metal tooth .
                i fitted a marui piston and its still okay over 20,000 rounds later
                m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

totally agree with screwdriver, the marui ones work a treat as an ics replacement
                  cheap too

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
                    As i asked before, as the metal tooth has sheared off the first piston that was trashed was this noticed at the time or was the metal plate just fitted with the tooth missing in the new piston.(as new ics pistons dont come with the metal gear fitted its extra)
                    The damage shown is what happened to my ics m4 when that metal tooth snapped.
                    as the sector gear cycles ,with the last metal tooth missing the piston will be released on the last plasic tooth and the last sector gear tooth will catch the piston on the way foward.
                    it will wear the last plastic tooth away and then work its way down the row of teeth until the piston is totally knackered.
                    i have had two of these go already for this reason
                    Spot on there mate! I just checked the upper of my M4 and noticed the metal piston gear is intact whilst on the cxp its already missing.
                    Since its my friend who bought the piston I realised now that the metal gear is separate. When it was fitted, the metal gear was already missing and the strain from the sector gear is eating the polycarbonate teeth one by one so that explains why the shredding occured on a new piston.

I guess this is a problem solved now thanks to screwdriver and the others who contributed!

Comment

Nice to see you found the problem. Get a dream army blue clear polly piston lol and maybe epoxy the metal tooth in just to make sure ? also thread lock the piston head on
                      sigpic

Comment

there are a few things you need to think about here

1. ics metal teeth were crap for a while, and they were breaking, put a tm or star one in, they will never go
                        2. ics white poly carb wasn't their best creation, use old yellow nylon one, or new black poly carb

bb jamming in barrel causes end to break, front teeth breaking is almost always tooth gone, unless they are very very old and have seen many years of service.

saying that......high speed doesn't help does it
                        Student Of Master Fong

Comment

Hey Oli!
                          Got it sorted now.
                          Went to Z1 to get the parts. It's weird not seeing you there.
                          Hope your enjoying life on the other side of the world mate.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pyro Find out more about Pyro
                          Working...
                          X