Improve trigger response and "wind up" time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve trigger response and "wind up" time

Im trying to improve my trigger response and the wind up time on my VFC Scar. Adding a mosfet is a last resort because of the collapsable stock but i may attempt it if all else fails. So basically im after tips of what i need to be swaping. I think that a high torque motor will help but im not sure which one is best for this scar and i think its a long shaft type as its got a modified v2 gb. Another thing iv noticed is that the wiring is very thin but replacing that may be a bIg job and i may change to deans connectors if they really are that good and what do people think about defusing it aswell. Im already running 7.4v lipos.

Re: Improve trigger response and "wind up" time

As you said, a new motor would be a good start. Any ACM High Torque motor will do, although I'm not sure what type you would need.
    SHS are good and readily available usually.
    Others till I die

Comment

Dont forget mate, check your shimming and AOE, sorting them both out will do you the world of good, providing you havent done it already.

new motor,
      what C rating are your lipos?
      Signature Removed

Comment

SHS ultra tourqe motor, good 7.4v lipo and correctly setup gearbox (shimmed propperly and AOE).

Then mosfet last.

You could modify your trigger by fitting a micro switch in there, currently doing that to two m4 gearbox's where you have to pull your trigger less than 5mm (nearly hairline) to fire the gun.

Comment

Thanks for the fast responses.

My batteries are 7.4v 20c 1200mah

The gun is brand new so would the shimming be out already or would it be thay bad on a vfc from stock?

What is AOE? (bit of a noob question :p)

And i dont really want to spend more than £30 or so on a new motor. Or i could get a good second hand one.

Comment

aoe:
            http://ftp.airsofttutorials.com/cent...gement%29.html

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisjames91 View Post
              And i dont really want to spend more than £30 or so on a new motor. Or i could get a good second hand one.
              That's fine. SHS High torque are usually about £25-£30, new.
              Others till I die

Comment

Thanks for the info on aoe and il be getting a high torque motor then.

What do people think about defusing the scar? The fuse can sometimes slow things down but is it noticable? And has amy1 experienced the very thin wire in the vfc's before? Should i look to replace or is it ok for the current that my lipos produce? Obviously the higher guage the better but quality matters too.

Comment

I personally remove fuses from any AEG, some people may not agree with me doing it but everyone who has used a gun i have altered in this way hasn't complained and their guns run just fine with 7v lipos.

Higher guage the better yes but i've ran an m4 highrof stubby with quite thin wire perfectly fine before but try to use 15/16 guage if you want to re wire it all.

Shimming can be set up badly from stock guns,even from some of the best manufacturers. Tokyo Marui use plastic bearings too which i find really cheap and crappy.. atleast they were in my TM M14 and M4.

Comment

I will probably remove the fuses then. Im an electrician so iv got plenty of thru crimps and things like that.

Would you say having thin wire would slow down the trigger response?

How would you know the shimming is out? Iv got to open up my gb to install a lower spring and mosfet anyway so i could look then but what am i looking for and can you tell if it is out without opening up the gb?

Comment

I went from 15 guage to something praticly half the size and no noticable difference.

I think i read somewhere that teflon coated wire is better but its expensive apparently.

Check shimming by having the gearbox in front of you (not opened up) and you can see where the axles of the gears are poking through your bearings / bushings....

Simply move the axle or rod whatever you want to call it side to side. There should be a minute ammount of side to side movement, if the gears are moving side to side by a considerable ammount then the shimming is off / not so good.

Good shimming will allow for higher ROF and a more silent running gearbox.

Really for good trigger responce you just want healthy wires, contacts, decent battery which you already have and the SHS ultra tourqe motor.

Try fitting a micro trigger... forgot the name of them but they are litterally about 5mm by 5mm square. I am going to be fitting two this week so can let you know how successfull it is but it will require some super glue

Comment

Thanks for the info and il be checking it all soon.

And super glue is our friend.

Id like to know how it goes. A love triggers which require little travel as mine on my vfc scar is huge.

Comment

A china UT motor is a good start

and as other people have said re-wire and remove the fuse

13:1 gears will really improve the trigger response too but you will increase the rof by quite a bit too some people don`t like that.

Last thing you may want a stealth mosfet unit it go`s in the gearbox but they are not cheap and one of the last things people install normally.
                          sigpic
                          Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Yup, well if it works in my first gearbox, i will take a few pictures and most likely write up a guide on how i did it in my 2nd gearbox and have it posted up on here by the weekend if all goes well.

I will be aiming for less than hairline travel of trigger movement in my own gearbox though, see how it goes :D

Comment

Yeah its not working out... tried to mount it where the old trigger mech is inside where the copper prongs fold towards one and another... after a bit of chopping and modding it still won't fit in there with super glue...

Could maybe work with a glue gun but i don't have the monies to buy one but would just see it vibrating loose over time.

Might try again in the future but its not a quick job.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chrisjames91 Find out more about Chrisjames91
                              Working...
                              X