• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Improve trigger response and "wind up" time

Oh dear. I guess it was worth a try.

Comment

Yup, you can buy the mini triggers built into circuit boards you just slot and wire into your gearbox pre made as a fancy mosfet :P but they are really expensive.

Comment

or just install a micro trigger ?
        sigpic
        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

I'd agree personally - tactile micro switch + mosfet if you are going for a cheap solution or an AWS stealth/scorp fet if you are after quality/features.

Comment

lol yes, the tactile micro switch is what i have but fitting it into the gearbox is the problem i am having.

Done it yourselves? Got some tips?

Comment

In the process of it atm I'm using the trigger contact carrier to push the tactile switch, so it needs to be placed very carefully at the right point for the cutoff lever to still affect the trigger contact carrier but not so far that the trigger loses all trigger pressure.

Important stuff is that the tactile switch is perpendicular to and is pressed up against some part of the shell itself, so that it does not fall off due to extra hard trigger pulls. Then mount the signal wires on to the switch feet themselves, so you can really remove most of the trigger block sheet metal wiring altogether (I tend to short the electrical safety anyway, mechanical safety is normally more than good enough and G&P does it this way as well)

So attach the fet signal wires to each side of the tactile switch, position it so that it is struck by the contact carrier in the right position and you are good to go

Comment

Which is exactly what i am doing but failing to secure the tactile switch propperly with cheap glue :/

Comment

For mine it's a piece of plastic araldited in place That glue was strong enough to hold my plastic m16 receiver in place (I made a new set of tabs for it) so this should hold more than well enough. Otherwise you can try to solder it directly onto the original trigger contacts?

Comment

Well iv just swapped out the motor for a shs high torque and also changed to deans connectors. And the results were, well...... Amazing. I didnt know it would make that much differance but its extremly good and not too far behind my g&p sentry with ascu.

Comment

if your not running 13:1 gears already you`ll notice around a 25 to 30% faster trigger if you change the gears too, all of the upgrades mount up to a hell of a faster trigger response and that`s without short stroking.
                      sigpic

Comment

Im sure it would mate but i have no idea what 13:1 gears are :p and tbh mate i think il leave it how it is. Iv got to open it back up to drop a bigger spring in but im well happy with the scar right now.

Comment

Well if you know how to open a gearbox and re-shim gears or someone who knows how to do this is doing it and your not going over an m130 spring I would suggest you try popping a set of shs 13:1 gears in your box and see what you think, they only cost around £15 to £20 but the down side for some people is that your rof will go up to.
                          sigpic

Comment

His rof has already gone up with the new motor

If your happy with it, just use it as is now but 13:1 gears are an excellent future purchase if you can afford more BB's haha.

Comment

More tham happy with it at the moment. And i only really use semi anyway.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chrisjames91 Find out more about Chrisjames91
                              Working...
                              X