li-po question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: li-po question

All things abused are dangerous bro, I haven't experienced those horror stories about lipo's in my long airsofting life, just be sensible. My two cent!
    My 7.4V 1200mah 15C lipo can easily outperforms a 9.6V 2200mah NiMh battery, It can finish roughly 4000-5000 rounds of bb's, and you can easily hide it on a butt tube.

Comment

Where did you get the batteries from then fella and are there any manufacturers to stay clear of?
      "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

Originally posted by centaur View Post
        All things abused are dangerous bro, I haven't experienced those horror stories about lipo's in my long airsofting life, just be sensible. My two cent!
        My 7.4V 1200mah 15C lipo can easily outperforms a 9.6V 2200mah NiMh battery, It can finish roughly 4000-5000 rounds of bb's, and you can easily hide it on a butt tube.
        I won't say you've been lucky - that's probably going to be the experience of most people with a converted gun, and yes, you're right to say to be sensible.

The problem is that if it does go wrong for some reason - like someone who doesn't know the risks just wiring in a LiPo battery and going for it - then the result could be relatively catastrophic. The site I play at has a fire-break running through it, and I'd rather that it wasn't tested to see whether it works or not.

I wasn't trying to say not to do it under any circumstances, I was trying to say to be aware of the risks and costs.

Comment

Originally posted by rik View Post
          I won't say you've been lucky - that's probably going to be the experience of most people with a converted gun, and yes, you're right to say to be sensible.

The problem is that if it does go wrong for some reason - like someone who doesn't know the risks just wiring in a LiPo battery and going for it - then the result could be relatively catastrophic. The site I play at has a fire-break running through it, and I'd rather that it wasn't tested to see whether it works or not.

I wasn't trying to say not to do it under any circumstances, I was trying to say to be aware of the risks and costs.
          It is safe then to say, if you don't know it, don't venture to it. we're here to help this guys out, discussiing it's pros and cons. I'm sharing through my personal experience not hearsay.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wires Find out more about wires
          Working...
          X