Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 500fps electronic sniper

Originally posted by LazyMcCrazy View Post
    I don't know if I'm in the wrong or a lot of other people don't know springs.
    I was also hammered on my DMR thread by someone saying that an m150 spring at 50% compression can easily produce 500fps...

M150 spring. M = Meters. 150 meters = 492 fps.
    M100 spring. M = Meters. 100 meters = 328 fps.

So a m150 linear spring at 50% compression should be 246 (not that it matters)

^ That's my impression on the subject.
    But if you have a tightbore barrel then those figures are likely to go up. It also depends on the make of spring. A spring at 50% compression will give less than half of its FPS due to a spring having an exponential decay or growth as the further you compress a spring the harder it gets to compress it further, so this would have to be taken into account aswell.
    trader rating

Comment

Flat hop/ r hop is easy to find on google. You take off the bucking nub and glue in a section of bucking to give a longer contact patch.
      You could try a prommy/pdi stainess barrel. well polished 6.08 barrels have come back into vouge now for sniper rifles too on longer barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by GREG_BURTON View Post
        But if you have a tightbore barrel then those figures are likely to go up. It also depends on the make of spring. A spring at 50% compression will give less than half of its FPS due to a spring having an exponential decay or growth as the further you compress a spring the harder it gets to compress it further, so this would have to be taken into account aswell.
        Indeed so what i was basically told is that an m150 spring can put out over 1000+ fps at full compression.
        I think not.

Comment

My air compression feels great so can't work out why I'm only getting 450fps using a 160 spring?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Steveuknotts Not finished it yet! lol Find out more about Steveuknotts
          Working...
          X