Quiet P90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quiet P90

Dynamat is ideal as like the AUG there is lots of room for it, just make sure that it isn't interfering with the trigger and cutoff assembly.
    Another tip would be to pad the areas in which the gearbox makes contact with the receiver, a lot of shock/noise is transferred to the body, if you take this route then take extra care not to interfere with the GB's alignment.

Aside from sorbothane pads, a good shim job and correctly aligning the motor there are many other things you can do as well to help, a few things I've tried are; (some are over the top, but all do help)

* Tappet Dampers - If you cycle a GB on full auto without a piston you will find that the tappet contributes quite a bit to the noise! (though take care not to interfere with the return position, i fitted some soft silicone buffers into the front of the mech and cut out the majority of the corresponding plastic from the frontal area of the tappet)
    * Air brakes - A short air brake will make a noticeable difference, typically the mod is fairly easy as the brake it's self can be aligned with the center screw on the piston head and there would be no ill effect if the piston head were to rotate, however with the V6 Cylinder head has an off center exhaust which would require the brake to be positioned precisely and the piston head it's self would have to be fully secured so that it cannot rotate.
    * Cylinder to Barrel air ratio's, a mismatched (in this case, a Cylinder with a less usable volume) cylinder to barrel air balance will be quieter as there will be less excess exhaust pressure. In the case of the P90 (3/4 port cylinder + 247mm inner barrel) you could step down to a 1/2 port cylinder, but you would loose muzzle energy ~ likely FPS. The difference will be a "duller" report sound, I never lost more than 20fps when i compared the same barrel with both 1/2 and 3/4 ports in an MP5K and using .20g, though the losses will be greater with heavier weights.
    * Inner barrel and chamber stability, barrels typically rattle. Any looser parts on the gun will contribute, however small. The P90's hop chamber spring rattles, the cocking handle and spring also rattle a fair it, all these things can be easily tightened up.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Re: Quiet P90

is there a thread about applying dynamat to the p90 with pictures and does any airsoft shops do it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

private parts Find out more about private parts
      Working...
      X