Double feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Double feeding

Try swapping the hop rubber. I had a similar problem with my Masada but since the hop rubber was changed the problem stopped.

Comment

ok, cheers
      Originally posted by LtPurcy
      You know how pimps have to keep their pimp hand strong

Well Trolls have to keep their troll crown shiny
      Originally posted by jonny lovegrove
      Ah i see, that must be how i convinced so many people to come, its stupidly long.

Comment

New gear, by any chance the Spur Gear (the one which pulls the Piston back)? You could have it out of alignment by 1 tooth, either with the piston or the gear it connects to, most likely the gear, which would explain why it is an intermittent double feed. Say for example every 10 cycles of the gear it slips a tooth and double feeds. I had this issue on my RPK and it ended up stripping the gear one tooth at a time (over a day) until it became unusable, and now the gearbox need replacing.

Best bet is check the gear is ligned up as it sounds horribly similar to the symptoms when a Spur Gear isn't aligned perfectly.
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Ok then, that sounds the most likely, and yeah the spur gear

Ah i see, that must be how i convinced so many people to come, its stupidly long.

Comment

The gear that the spur gear is connected to has sheared the pin that connects it to the gearbox casing, this is the same as what happened to the spur gear, is there a reason for this?

Comment

Bearings aren't straight by the sounds of it. What make is the actual Gearbox Casing? At least you know why it wasnt running right.
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

It's g&p, think the prblem has been sorted now anyhow, just have to get a new gear.......

Comment

Cone across this a couple of times. The problem I had is the gap between the nozzle and the hop unit. If its too big it feeds more than 1 BB. If its too small it wont feed. If the sector gear (the one with nipple on it) is on the piss it may be pulling the tappet plate too far back hence making the gap bigger. Look at the condition of the bushes. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

We had another look at this, and one of the gear shafts had jammed into the bearing which puts excessive stress on the shaft at high speed and because the gear couldn't float up/down the tappet plate might also have been catching on the bearing itself - pretty certain this is what caused the failure. It has most likely knackered the bearing(s) too, so if you are replacing the gear you ought to fit new bearings both ends of the gear aswell.

By the way I'm pretty sure you're talking about the sector gear - not the spur gear?
                    Last edited by MrT; 26 February, 2012, 11:22. Reason: technically incomplete previously

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lowprofile Find out more about lowprofile
                    Working...
                    X