Dan wesson 4.5mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dan wesson 4.5mm?

The only problem you might have here is that you can see in the photo it says 'Steel BB .177 (4.5mm)' on the instruction manual. The ends of the shells are also smaller than the 6 mm ones.

Comment

Its abit faint, not the clearest part of the picture, he didnt mention it at all during the listing or our conversations and he has sold it in the wrong place
      so im hoping its going to go alright

Comment

Instead of selling it, if you still want it for airsoft you can buy the 6mm shells separate, probably about £10 for 6 Or get the powerdown 6mm shells for a bit more
        For Sale
        Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Good luck trying to fire a 6 mm BB down a 4.5 mm barrel...

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
            Good luck trying to fire a 6 mm BB down a 4.5 mm barrel...
            You can change the barrel...
            For Sale
            Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

I'm just wondering, slightly off topic, but Swiss arms and other brands make lots of 6mm bb (and steel bb compatible) air pistols, a lot of them look just as nice as airsoft pistols and they shoot very hot, around 2J.

What is the difference between the two, is it just thhe power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. Dan Wesson do exactly this as well. The only difference between the .177 and 6mm versions are the shells and barrel. To use it on a field you can get power-down shells that bleed enough gas away that it's under site limits, or perform a mod on the hammer, allowing you to adjust the amount of CO2 released.

To the OP, I recently had the same issue, but it WAS listed in error, and the seller was brilliantly amicable. Good luck with the case, acting like a douche isn't a good way to build his reputation

Comment

Ah right so air guns can be shot at sites, as long as they are under site limits. Got it, thanks

Comment

No, it has to be 6mm. The guns are identical other than the barrel and shells, but the 6mm ones run just as hot as the .177 and .22.

Comment

Yes, forgot to add that. Will provably get a Swiss arms 1911 some time soon as I love the look of them and they shoot 6mm bb rounds

Comment

It's pretty easy I would have thought to swap the barrels.. check out my old thread on doing a fixed hop up to see how. Then just get 6 6mm shells and job done.

Comment

In fact if you cover the postage and buy 6 6mm shells off me for a £5 I'll machine you a barrell for nowt. Gets you out of a tight spot. Pm me if you interested

Comment

I've got an old dan wesson 6mm barrel you can have for free, mines now got an R-hop and another barrel. It's for a 6" length dan wesson.
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate the support I have pm both last guys and trying to find out how to change barrels

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LukeDodds Find out more about LukeDodds
                              Working...
                              X