Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM/Guarder P226 Help - Failing after 3-4 shots

Hi All,

As described in the title, my TM P226/Guarder kit has started playing up on me. Parts list include:

Guarder P226 outer barrel, slide and frame.
    TM Nozzle
    PDI piston head
    Guarder tightbore inner barrel
    Nineball hop

It was fine for about 3-4 weeks after fitting everything then suddenly it just started misbehaving. After around 3-4 shots (happens on both mags), and getting a face full of gas on the first shot, the gun is so down on power that it can't even cycle properly to put a BB in the chamber.

Its as though all the gas is being spent within the first couple of shots, although this never used to happen. I bought a new mag to see if thats the issue but it hasn't arrived yet.

Also, I've noticed that the slide/nozzle area after stripping it to see what the issue is, is extremely cold, I'm assuming due to the cool down effect of the sheer amount of gas escaping?

Any ideas as to what could be causing it?

I should note that I'm using WE Green gas/Abbey Brut Sniper gas, unless anyone tells me I should use different stuff?

Thanks

Re: TM/Guarder P226 Help - Failing after 3-4 shots

Might be worth checking the nozzle hasn't split anywhere, I had the same issue and mine had split clean in two!

Comment

Thanks, thats a good idea to check. I've ordered a replacement part along with the new mag but I'll take it apart later this afternoon and see whats what!

Comment

fire until it fails, then take it back inside, use the same mag again, with no extra gas, and see if it does the very same thing again.

If it does, then its cool down thats causing it to fail, which is pretty normal as its getting colder now.

Last week got about 10 mags off mine, last night, barely 2

Comment

Hmmm, I should point out that I was shooting inside, albeit my window was open and my room was a lot colder than the rest of the house! :

Comment

try warming the room up a little. See how it works then.

What lube are you using in it? When you pull back the slide slowly, does it feel smooth, or rough?

Comment

I'm using Ballistol, is that an 'ok' lube? I have noticed it dries out pretty quick though, is there anything else I should use?

The slide is smooth as silk, always has been!

Comment

Never heard of that personally. If it dried out quickly then maybe something a little better. I usually use a tiny bit of silicone oil. The liquid not the spray

Comment

Thats a good idea. I've just checked the nozzle and it's fine, or at least it appears to be. Also, the WE M&P and the KSC M9 I've got run fine in the same conditions which make me think its the actual p226 playing up an not necessarily the weather?

Comment

Try lubing the nozzle area - sounds like the nozzle and bbu is sticking as it's dry causing it to vent

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                      Try lubing the nozzle area - sounds like the nozzle and bbu is sticking as it's dry causing it to vent
                      As above, but also worth doing this, especially if the gas is venting out of the barrell.

Check that the valve inside the loading nozzle isn't sticking.. Before dissassembling the nozzle and potentiall losing the tinyest screw in the world.. try putting a thin screwdriver into the loading nozzle(via the hole that the gas flows through from the mag) and try and and push the spring valve towards the front of the nozzle. Its a long shot but this did happen on my PX4 and whilst it was stuck the blow back was rubbish and it would vent nearly all the gas down the barrell

Comment

I got the prowin frame installed to my tm 226,
                        They are both metal frame but the prowin is has much much better finishing.

at first i realized the slide was so heavy and the stock valve is not going to move the slide at all.
                        here are my upgrades i had.

1. pgc fram and slide
                        2. laylax 6.03 barrel
                        3. A+ hop
                        4. AIP nozzle set
                        5. pdi winter pistonhead (gives better pressure)
                        6. 120% spring (forgot what make), but the guarder 150 is way too stiff and it uses alot of gas to move it
                        7. laylax red valve
                        8. ready fighter extension (I dont put more roads in but instead the extension gives u extra 30-40% of gas capacity so gives u more spare gas to go through as the laylax red valve or other aftermarket valves release more gas on each shot to make the slide move.

try them out one by one, but to make it clear the autonomy will be poorer than the stock abs slide
                        There is nothing call enough...

Comment

Originally posted by shaun_ccxr View Post
                          I got the prowin frame installed to my tm 226,
                          They are both metal frame but the prowin is has much much better finishing.

at first i realized the slide was so heavy and the stock valve is not going to move the slide at all.
                          here are my upgrades i had.

1. pgc fram and slide
                          2. laylax 6.03 barrel
                          3. A+ hop
                          4. AIP nozzle set
                          5. pdi winter pistonhead (gives better pressure) totally agreed
                          6. 120% spring (forgot what make), but the guarder 150 is way too stiff and it uses alot of gas to move it totally agreed
                          7. laylax red valve
                          8. ready fighter extension (I dont put more roads in but instead the extension gives u extra 30-40% of gas capacity so gives u more spare gas to go through as the laylax red valve or other aftermarket valves release more gas on each shot to make the slide move.

try them out one by one, but to make it clear the autonomy will be poorer than the stock abs slide
                          Excellent post - agreed with all of the above

Comment

I have the 150 spring at first and it shoots like grandma throwing bbs...
                            i just dont understand why guarder make parts which are nonsense

like the spring set for all guns and the pistonhead, what a joke... the dimension is off
                            There is nothing call enough...

Comment

The 150% recoil spring is pointless as you say - tbh as they simply don't bring the slide back enough to reset the hammer (even using propane). Have noticed this most on the p226 platform.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

obious Find out more about obious
                              Working...
                              X