Collapse

KWA / KSC magazines... compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking though that its more likley that it has the plastic due to the japs love for lower fps.
    I know i have seen a couple of reviews of it with the plastic bolt carrier, maybe they realised there mistake and replaced it with the metal one.

Out of interest what one do you have?

Comment

Re: KWA / KSC magazines... compatible?

Diswan: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=79060

The first one I had was the KSC Jap ver 40th Anniversary Limited Edition - maybe that had a metal BC?...

Comment

Does that one have a metal bolt carrier?

Comment

Don't know - not received it yet.

Comment

You will have to let me know, if its got the metal one (hope it has for you) then unless its the tiwan version could prove everything ive found out about them today wrong...lol

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
              The jap version has the plastic bolt,
              Tiwan (i know ive spelt that wrong) and the KWA have metal.
              There is an upgrade bolt and nozzle for the jap version MP7 though.

There are four variant of the MP7A1 GBB currently

KSC (Japan) Shoots 370fps on GG, nozzle suitable for HFC134a ONLY, plastic bolt carrier & full H&K trade
              KSC (Taiwan) Shoots 400fps on GG, nozzle suitable for HFC134a or GG, metal bolt carrier & full H&K Trade
              KWA/ Umarex Shoots 400fps on GG, nozzle suitable for HFC134a or GG, metal bolt carrier & H&K trade w/ "6mm >1Joule" caliber marking, white umarex trademark claim, and unique serial number
              KWA/ Umarex SF, Everything same as normal Umarex but made for Germany's Law Single Fire only.

Taken from another forum.
              Fps values are a bit off, the Japan version is more like 330, the rest are more like 430.

All versions come with the same bolt carrier, which is made of metal.

The three differences in the internals are the rocket valve, the loading nozzle and the piston cup.

The japanase version has a rocket valve like so (on the left):

We'll ignore the american versions since there are a couple of different rocket valves they use (namely a plastic version of above, and the same as below).
              The others (apart from some american versions), have this rocket valve:

The loading nozzle on the Japanese version is thinner than the Taiwan version, hence the breakage with anything more powerful than 134a gas. Because of the increased internal diameter of the loading nozzle, the piston cup is slightly larger, and is green. The Taiwan version is slightly smaller and orange, to go with the increased thickness of the Taiwan version loading nozzle (as seen in the final pic).

Ready fighter made a reinforced loading nozzle for the japanese version, to combat the breaking with green gas issue. This is incompatible with the Taiwan version, unless you change to the green piston cup. They also made a reinforced loading nozzle for the Taiwan version.

The only other difference between versions I'm aware of is trademarks, which I honestly don't care that much about so I don't know what's what over there.

Comment

Good info, thanks.

Originally posted by kruck View Post
                All versions come with the same bolt carrier, which is made of metal.
                That'll save some dosh.

Comment

Same here.
                  Buying mags and parts before santa brings my MP7 is a bit daunting.

Comment

As I could never find KWA mags for mine, all my MP7 mags are KSC, which fit and work perfectly in my Umarex MP7

Well worth saving the money and going for the KWA mags if you can find them.

Later daze

Lee

Comment

It depends, I found with my 1911 that was KWA that KSC mags didn't fit unless they were system 7, the lips sat too high so the gun was unable to close the slide.

Shame I got mine before retailers over here got them as the main reason i got rid was because I couldn't really use a pistol with 1 mag and the other 2 were going to cost me a fortune to get the lips over here.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                      Working...
                      X